Are you interested in Wildlife Conservation Online Courses?
Due to rapidly increasing climate change and global temperature, the destruction of natural habitats paired with practices such as poaching and illegal hunting, the number and species of wildlife have been reducing in recent times.
As consumers, we must learn and implement wildlife conservation methods since many of the industries that we depend upon are heavily reliant on wildlife resources like timber and leather.
List of Best Wildlife Conservation Online Courses and Certificate Programs
Before implementation, we must learn what benefits wildlife and what does not. Here are some of the wildlife conservation online courses online which will help you to expand your knowledge.
1. Ecology: Ecosystem Dynamics and Conservation – Coursera
This masterclass provided by the American Museum of Natural History is a free online course utilizIng case study examples to show how ecologies have been depleted and teach how to restore and conserve such ecological systems.
- Earn a Certificate upon completion.
- Course divided into a 4-week schedule.
- Week 1 focuses on ecological restoration.
- Weeks 2, 3 and 4 elaborate upon ecological analysis and classification.
- Course based around actual conservation projects.
- Recommended for persons with basic knowledge of conservation terms.
- The course contains both lectures and articles.
- Learn the various ways in which ecologies can be conserved effectively.
Course Duration: 4 weeks
2. Exploring Conservation – National Geographic
This course has been developed by the United for Wildlife and Zoological Society of London and provides extensive knowledge in the topics of conservation, classification, and prevention of illegal trade practices and poaching. If you wish to enrol in a free online course that talks about such practices, then you should check this course out.
- The course is divided into 6 segments.
- Get introduced to wildlife conservation.
- Understand how the illegal wildlife trade works and how you can stop it.
- Learn about conservation practices concerning oceanic species.
- Learn to properly formulate and implement a Wildlife Conservation Project.
- A self-paced course.
Course Duration: Self Paced
3. Ecology and Wildlife Conservation – FutureLearn
This course is a part of the UK study campaign and provides an in-depth and holistic perspective on the topic of wildlife conservation. Through this course offered by the University of Leeds, you will be able to learn a variety of seemingly unlinkable things, such as how wind farms affect the lives of migratory birds.
- Learn to properly identify different species and classes of wildlife.
- Understand the impact of global environmental change on specific species and specific ecosystems.
- Utilize real data taken from actual studies to investigate the conservation of a particular species.
- Gain technical knowledge about the various types of tools and methods that can be used to study and implement wildlife conservation.
Course Duration: 2 weeks
4. Wildlife Management Graduate Certificate – Oregon State University
Want to learn how complex Wildlife management can be handled efficiently and with expertise? Well, this is the course for you. Oregon State University gives you an expert masterclass on wildlife conservation and teaches you to keep in mind local, national and international aspects involved in wildlife restoration.
- Earn a university accredited Certificate upon completion
- Gain a pathway through this certification to the Professional Science Masters in Fisheries and Wildlife Administration.
- Gain important concepts in subjects of wildlife conservation and restoration.
- Learn to manage various types of conservation projects.
- Learn from the world-class faculty of Oregon State University.
- Receive the same transcripts as on-campus students.
Course Duration: 1 year 6 months
5. Fundamentals on REDD+ scheme – UNCC eLearn
This course offered by the UN CC discusses how deforestation and forest depletion lead to climate change which further leads to forest depletion through natural destructive phenomena such as wildfires. If you want to learn about the fundamentals of the REDD+ scheme and the ways of implementing forest conservation and restoration, then this course is perfect for you.
- Learn about the various aspects of the REDD+ scheme of the UNCC.
- Expand your knowledge I’m the fields of forest conservation and restoration.
- Learn about the concept of a green economy.
- Earn badges for each of the 6 modules completed.
- Upon completion of the entire course, earn a Certificate of Completion from UNREDD and UNITAR.
- An internationally recognised course.
Course Duration: 12 hours
6. Wildlife Conservation – Gvi.co.uk
This course is sixth on the list of Wildlife Conservation Online Courses and discusses the various measures and efforts that can be taken to maintain ecological diversity and protect wildlife from illegal trade practices. Moreover, this course contains the teaching of many UN conservation goals in its curriculum. If you are looking for a course that provides special attention to preventive measures against poaching and illegal hunting, this course will be perfect for you.
- Learn the basic foundational skills and terms in wildlife and ecological conservation.
- Utilize real-life data to evaluate situations and provide solutions.
- Get into discussions and debates on topics of wildlife conservation.
- Recommended for policymakers, forest officials and even anyone with a passion for conserving wildlife.
- A short course.
Course Duration: 2 weeks
7. Endangered and Priority Species Conservation and Habitat Management-Wildlife ACT
Through this course offered by Wildlife ACT, Africa, you will learn about the various measures like camera trapping and proper identification to aid in the process of conservation of wildlife. Moreover, it provides a large part of its focus on the prevention of poaching and illegal trade businesses. Anyone interested in the conservation of wildlife can join this course to expand their knowledge in this subject.
- Earn a Certificate of Completion upon completing the course.
- Course from an award-winning wildlife conservation organisation.
- Learn about the most important wildlife conservation practices in Africa.
- Learn about the important concept of community conservation.
- Learn important skills such as ecological monitoring and the role of relocation.
Course Duration: 4 weeks
8. Chimpanzee Behavior and Conservation-Coursera
Through this course, you will learn everything from the origin to the uniqueness of chimpanzees which reflects even in us humans. By analysing behavioural patterns and the adverse ecological effects they face in the present world, we can identify how their interactions drastically change. This will allow you to gain an insightful perspective towards the conservation of chimpanzees.
- Learn about the similarities between humans and chimpanzees on parameters such as intelligence and physical movements.
- Utilize knowledge learnt in the course to formulate a protection plan for chimpanzees.
- Learn how chimpanzee relationships and social interactions are similar to that of humans.
- Learn the required skills for chimpanzee conservation
Course Duration: 15 hours
9. MOOC on Species Conservation – PAPACO
This course provides you with the latest updates in the various skills and techniques employed in wildlife conservation by utilising several tools such as the IUCN Red List and the RL assessment process. If you want to enrol in a course that teaches you to utilize such statistical and analytical techniques this is the course for you.
- Get to know about many technical evaluation techniques to gauge the level of conservation required.
- Learn about the various methods of wildlife conservation
- Learn about plant and animal invasive species.
- Learn about both local, national and international threats and how they can be tackled.
Course Duration: Self Paced
10. Advanced Certificate in Environmental Management – ACS Distance Education
This course provides environmental business managers and advisors with professional duties while still keeping in mind matters of sustainability and conservation. If you wish to join a course that awards an advanced certificate in environmental management which includes conservation, then this is the course for you.
- Gain an Advanced Certificate upon completion.
- Learn to professionally handle environmental management problems.
- Learn about topics such as weed control, nature park management and healthy buildings.
- Learn important skills of conservation and restoration.
- An experimental setup-based learning program.
Course Duration: 900 hours