An efficient and self-sufficient agriculture sector is of major significance in the development and growth of an economy of a country. The United States Department of Agriculture is vested with the task of formulating the laws and regulations which are to be followed by harvesters so as to ensure a proper supply of food to local as well as inter-state markets. There are several USDA Online Courses as well to teach you about USDA.
With an annual budget of $141 Billion annually, USDA employs itself in a variety of fields including the Food and Nutrition Service(FNS), Food Inspection and Safety, and the Rural Housing Service in order to improve agricultural yield and quality.
List of 10 Top USDA Online Courses And Certificate Programs
Here is a list of the best USDA online courses and certificate programs that will explain more about USDA and its work.
This Organic Farming Systems Certificate course equips you with the required skills, ideas, and technical knowledge to make agricultural processes environmentally and economically sustainable. If you want to enrol in a course that gives you a highly analytical and fundamental insight into organic farming and its processes, then this course is perfect for you.
- Gain a transcript-visible University accredited undergraduate certificate upon completion.
- Get mentored by the world-class faculty of Oregon State University.
- Learn in an institution recognised by Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- Understand the history and benefits of organic farming.
- Provides a 27 credits certificate.
- Additional coursework may be required for enrolling in this course.
- Allows you to initiate your career in the Agricultural sector.
- Choice of joining Spring term or Winter term batches.
- Best Online Programs 2021 – Bachelor’s awardee course.
Course Duration:1 year
2. Online Master of Science in Nutrition Education – USDA (American University)
One of the major aims of the USDA is to establish high nutritional value in all food and design agricultural processes in such a way that proper nutrients are provided in a well-balanced meal. This can be achieved by educating individuals working in such sectors. If you are an undergraduate looking for a Master’s degree in Nutrition Education, then this is definitely the course for you.
- Earn an Online Certificate of Master of Science in Nutrition Education from an accredited university.
- Coursework can be used in the Certified Nutrition Specialist credential.
- Develop knowledge in nutritional sciences and policy making.
- Provides 18 credit certificates.
- Learn about various fields in which nutrition education is important such as sports, weight control, health communication and epidemiology.
- Learn to utilize research information to develop and implement policies aimed at the improvement of production processes.
- Get mentored by experienced leaders in the field.
- Conduct and publish research.
Course Duration: 1 year
3. Online Master of Science Degree in Nutrition and Human Performance – USDA (Logan University)
This Master’s course helps you to develop the necessary technical knowledge and expertise required to properly identify and analyze components such as diet, health status, and deficiency diseases through evidence-based research. Undergraduates looking for an affordable course in Nutrition and Human Performance should take up this 1.2-year course.
- Earn a university-accredited Master’s Degree in Nutrition and Human Performance.
- Prepares you for sitting in competitive examinations such as Certified Clinical Nutritionist(CCN) and Certified Sports Nutritionist(CISSN).
- Master four major points of focus – Sports and Fitness Nutrition, Nutritional Wellness, Health Education and Promotion and Interactive Nutrition Practice.
- Enhance your current chiropractic or medical practice through this course.
- A 100% online course with a flexible schedule for sessions.
Course Duration: 1 year and 2 months
4. Sustainable Agriculture And Food Systems Certificate Program – USDA (Tufts University)
This course provides a proper and systematic approach towards developing sustainable agriculture and food production processes which will help both in expanding your knowledge as well as in enhancing your practical application expertise. There are many USDA Online Courses available, but working professionals can definitely opt for this online course owing to its flexible time schedule and expert mentors.
- Gain a credit certificate for all of the courses chosen and completed by you, which can be added to your degree course application.
- Learn how to implement sustainability on the farm and how to establish and maintain sustainable food markets.
- Elective topics such as nutrition science, consumer marketing and behavioural change can opt.
- Provides credit for all elective topics completed in a certificate.
- Suited for persons working in food businesses and organisations.
- Gain a Certificate of Graduate Studies upon completing three courses mentioned within the course catalogue.
Course Duration: Self Paced
5. PACA Basics Online Training – USDA
The Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act was launched in order to set up a list of laws and regulations to be followed by persons and organizations working with such perishable goods. Since this is a newly implemented law, it has become subject to a large number of queries and questions. If you are working in such a sector and want to strengthen your knowledge about PACA or introduce yourself to PACE, then this is definitely the course for you.
- Learn about the various rules and regulations mentioned in the PACA Act.
- Understand how such laws help ensure optimum food quality is provided to the consumers.
- Learn how the PACA division regulates fair trading practices of agricultural businesses.
- Training is composed of 12 individual units.
- Learn about the interpretations of Federal inspection certificates.
- Improve your legal knowledge.
Course Duration: Self Paced
6. Bachelor of Science in Dietetics – USDA (Eastern Michigan State University)
Dietetics studies how diets affect the short-term as well as long-term effects of different foods in the diets of persons in different environmental setups, professions, and social statuses. This gives dietetics relevant solutions to certain requirements or deficiency problems. If you are looking for an online course providing you with a Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics, this is the course for you.
- Receive a university-accredited Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics.
- Learn how the food we intake and its nutrients affect our day-to-day activities.
- Learn practical skills to employ while dealing with actual customers.
- Learn about the benefits and principles of doing nutritional research studies.
- Understand the various methods of dietary planning.
- Equip yourself with the necessary tools for nutrition analysis.
Course Duration: 1 year
7. Clinical Nutrition M.S. – USDA (New York Institute of Technology)
This masterclass by the New York Institute of Technology gives you the necessary knowledge and technical expertise for providing nutritional therapy, nutritional plans, and treating disease. There are many USDA Online Courses available, If you are looking for a master’s in nutrition that allows you to choose from a wide range of elective topics, this is the course for you.
- Earn a Master’s Certificate in Clinical Nutrition which provides 36 individual credits.
- Learn about the use of clinical Nutrition in different fields at an in-depth level.
- Get mentored by experienced faculty.
- Participate in real-time research and publish papers.
- Learn from several elective topics.
- Indulge in the Centre for Global Health Research.
Course Duration: 1 year
8. Online MPH Nutrition – USDA (UNC Gillings School of Global Health)
This course provides a comprehensive interdisciplinary overview towards nutrition and its sub-branches. There are many USDA Online Courses available, if you are looking for a course that provides foundational as well as specialised courses to students along with a variety of time schedules, then you should definitely check out this course.
- Learn how nutrition affects people with different professions, habits and day-to-day activities.
- Understand the use of nutrition from both the cellular level to the individual level.
- Take a practical hands-on approach to apply your practices while obeying federal laws.
- Provides a platform for expressing evidence-based research.
- Learn to link nutrition with diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes and infectious diseases.
- The course provides 42 credits in total upon completion.
Course Duration: 16 months (accelerated course)
9. Nutrition and Foods Systems – USDA (The University of Southern Mississippi)
This graduate course not only provides a holistic overview of nutrition as a whole but also teaches students about important related topics such as food system analysis and education planning. Further, it allows students to utilize their knowledge and apply them in real-life conditions to formulate more efficient processes.
- Understand key concepts in nutrition on a higher level.
- Learn to implement evidence-based research in your career.
- Learn how to manage child nutrition, school food service, dietetics and education programs.
- The curriculum includes a practical-blended learning process.
- Teaches you to make high-quality publishing and research papers for journals and bulletins.
- Provides scholarships to students with good academic and research skills.
- Provides 42 credits in total.
Course Duration: 1 year
10. Online Masters in Agricultural And Life Sciences – Virginia Polytechnic And State University
This Online Master’s course in Agricultural and Life Sciences provides the students with the necessary technical knowledge and professional technical expertise necessary for excelling in the fields of agriculture and agricultural education. Join this Master’s course for a highly diversified educational experience and learn to develop essential practical skills.
- Learn about the different methods and implementations that can be made to improve agricultural yield.
- Visit other relevant topics such as plant science, pest and insect management and environmental science.
- Develop leadership capabilities.
- The entire program is divided into 8 courses.
- Learn to maintain food safety.
- Learn to ensure animal and plant biosecurity through environmental conservation practices.
- The course can be completed with a minimum of 30 credits.
- A non-thesis program.
- Gain credits from an accredited university.
Course Duration: 24 credit hours