Product management is the process of facilitating the development of a product from start to finish. Whenever companies create new products for internal or customer use, a product management roadmap helps define the moving parts, establish the pipeline, and keep every stakeholder on track throughout the process. For each phase of development, a product manager serves as the point person, holding the team accountable for delivering on the product vision.
List of The Best Product Management Online Courses
1. Product Management: Building a Product Roadmap
A roadmap is a simple but powerful tool for product development. A strong product roadmap supports your business objectives and product strategy. It can help you make decisions and answer critical questions. For example, how do you decide which projects to pursue, and which to defer until later? How can you know which projects will be important a few months from now, when the market is changing so quickly? And how do you get all the diverse groups in your organization aligned behind one particular plan?
See examples of what roadmaps might look like, and spend time learning the tools and techniques necessary to map the projects for your specific organization. Instructors Teg Grenager and Eldad
- How to create strong, dynamic roadmaps that can help ensure that your team is working on the right projects at the right time
- This course shows how to build a product roadmap for your business—and gain critical stakeholder buy-in
Course Duration: 47 mins
2. Product Management: Building a Product Strategy
Behind every successful product there is a clear strategic vision that takes both market and customer needs into account. Essentially, strategy is the set of choices a company makes in order to achieve its objectives. These choices include which products to develop, which market segments to focus on, how to differentiate, how to price, how to position, and more. Product leaders are the guardians of a company’s strategy. While many people and teams can contribute to developing a strategy, product leaders need to articulate it and ensure that it’s done in a way that is applicable for day-to-day decision-making . Instructors Eldad Persky and Teg Grenager, and explain how to build support for it. Plus, they go over how to maintain and implement your strategy.
- This course lays out how to develop an effective product strategy
- Walk through a step-by-step process for creating a smart, thoughtful strategy
Course Duration: 1.1 hour
3. Advanced Product Management: Vision, Strategy & Metrics
In this truly modern course, you’ll learn all of the advanced skills and techniques that successful product managers use in their day-to-day working lives. From how to implement vision and strategy to getting a better understanding of how to use data, these lectures are designed for for founders, CEOs and, of course, product managers. With real world examples demonstrating exactly how to execute each approach, you’ll find out exactly what to do (and what not to do) to build your company up to the level it deserves.
- The difference between vision and strategy
- How famous leaders use vision to succeed
- How to use a vision framework for your company and product
- How to use OKRs to track progress
- How product development hierarchies work
- How to understand agile roadmapping
- How to tie your metrics to your overall business strategy
- When to use data and when to use intuition
Course Duration: 5.5 hours
4. AI Product Management Specialization
Organizations in every industry are accelerating their use of artificial intelligence and machine learning to create innovative new products and systems. This requires professionals across a range of functions, not just strictly within the data science and data engineering teams, to understand when and how AI can be applied, to speak the language of data and analytics, and to be capable of working in cross-functional teams on machine learning projects.
This Specialization provides a foundational understanding of how machine learning works and when and how it can be applied to solve problems. Learners will build skills in applying the data science process and industry best practices to lead machine learning projects, and develop competency in designing human-centered AI products which ensure privacy and ethical standards. The courses in this Specialization focus on the intuition behind these technologies, with no programming required, and merge theory with practical information including best practices from industry. Professionals and aspiring professionals from a diverse range of industries and functions, including product managers and product owners, engineering team leaders, executives, analysts and others will find this program valuable.
- Identify when and how machine learning can applied to solve problems
- Apply human-centered design practices to design AI product experiences that protect privacy and meet ethical standards
- Lead machine learning projects using the data science process and best practices from industry
- Identify and mitigate privacy and ethical risks in AI projects
Course Duration: 4 months (3 hours/week)
5. Product Management Studio
Effectively managing a product team, leveraging design thinking, and understanding a product lifecycle is good business. Centering the customer experience and creating a compelling product narrative is great business.
Product Management Studio is an immersive online product management training where you will master the skills needed to create product teams and experiences that balance customer empathy and data-based decision making. Get ready to dive into the elements involved in product management and develop a strong sense of pricing strategies, portfolio planning, the business model canvas, and negotiation tactics.
- Build Better Products by Learning How to Answer The 4 Core Questions that Every Product Manager Should Know
- Develop Winning Customer Experiences Across Your Entire Product Portfolio
- Apply Innovation Capabilities to Execute New Product Ideas
- Drive Resonance with Your Product Through Storytelling
- Grow into an Effective and Powerful Product Owner
Course Duration: 8 weeks
6. Become a Product Manager | Learn The Skills & Get The Job
The demand for Product Management is increasing at an insane rate. More and more companies are finally figuring out how important this discipline and this role is to their success. But how exactly do you get into the field? There aren’t any degrees in Product Management & there are no certifications. Most Product Managers get into the field through luck or connections. That ends here – we’ll get you up to date on ALL the skills you need to learn Product Management AND have the best chance at getting the job you want. There’s no more ambiguity to it. We’ll show you what you need to know and what you have to do – all taught from a Product Management insider.
Students aren’t required to know anything beforehand – we’ll teach you the fundamentals, how to apply them, how to develop into an advanced product manager, and finally how to maximize your chances to get a job as a Product Manager.
- Understand the varying role of a Product Manager through different types and sizes of companies
- Decide which type of Product Manager best fits one’s goals and personality
- Understand the Product Lifecycle and how it applies to every product
- Understand the modern Product Development Process that both Fortune 500s and Startups adhere to
- Know how to identify ideas worth pursuing and dedicating resources to
- Understand how to get at the root of customer pain points
Course Duration: 13 hours
7. Product Ideation, Design, And Management Specialization
This Specialization is designed for aspiring and active product leaders seeking to pursue careers in product management, product design, and related roles. Through five practical courses, you will learn the fundamentals for designing and managing products. Upon completion, you will have created your own personal toolbox of knowledge and techniques for approaching and solving real-world problems that product leaders face.
- Identify product ideas by developing your entrepreneurial thinking, exploring competitive analysis and industry analysis, and understanding the keys to value innovation.
- Understand the keys to successfully navigating the roles and responsibilities of being a product leader to champion change with internal and external collaborators and influencers.
- Learn how to truly know your target customer, your customer’s underserved needs, your value proposition, your product feature set, and your user experience, then integrate this knowledge into product and market requirements and positioning plans.
- Translate product ideas into reality by creating prototypes and minimum viable products (MVPs), as well as the financial strategies to fund their development and delivery
Course Duration: 5 months (3 hours/week)
8. Digital Product Management
As technology evolves, the role of the modern digital product manager is becoming more than assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales and marketing.
On this course, you’ll learn how to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all involved in product success. You’ll discover how to dive into your data to better inform your product decisions and develop deep insights into customer motivation and experience.
You’ll also identify and assess various product management tools for managing existing products and exploring new ideas.
- How to successfully manage your product
- How to focus your work using modern product management methods
- How to manage new products and explore new product ideas
- How to manage and amplify existing products
Course Duration: 4 weeks (3 hours/week)
9. Product Management: From Design to Launch
This product management course will teach you the important skills you need to be an effective product manager and build, launch, and grow successful products or digital products. You will learn how to assess customer pain points, design a compelling product vision, market products, leverage product analytics, and work effectively with your cross functional stakeholders, including engineers, UX teams, and senior leadership.
You’ll engage in group exercises and case discussions to help you build an action plan to apply immediately to your next product for a successful result.
- Discover how to empathize with customers, identify their pain points, and prioritize accordingly
- Learn how to build and communicate a compelling product vision and product roadmap
- Develop cross functional collaboration skills necessary to motivate and align stakeholders toward product success
- Understand go-to-market strategies to accelerate customer adoption of your product at any growth stage
- Learn how to utilize KPIs (such as funnel conversion rates and marketing channel ROI) to guide the product management process and achieve product goals
Course Duration: 4 weeks (every Thursday)
10. Complete Product Management Course: 24+ Hours of Videos 2023
Learn the core skills that make up the entire value management process of Understanding Value, Creating Value, Communicating Value, Delivering and Capturing Value. Learn Product Management end-to-end process, from ideation, customer discovery, market research, competition analysis, targeting, segmenting, positioning, building and delivering the product.
The demand for Product Management is increasing at a rapid pace. More and more companies are finally figuring out how important this discipline and this role is to their success. Often tagged as ‘mini-entrepreneurs’, Product Managers (PMs) take complete accountability over their product, be it IT or non-IT operations, building their mini-brands from the ground up. They are seen as those who perfect the trifecta of direction, vision, and practical know-how to get the ship sailing. But, aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty, should the need arise.
- Get an End to End Understanding on the scope, role and skills required for Product Managers to manage the product life cycle management.
- Understand Customer Driven value management to develop stronger innovation context and business context in decision making.
- Learn the nuances and career track of the Product Manager role.
- Develop & Design Value Proposition using frameworks like Value Prop Canvas, Business Model Canvas & Design Thinking.
Course Duration: 24 hours
11. Product Management with Lean, Agile And System Design Thinking
Strong product management drives successful business model implementation. Learn about the key decisions, underlying tradeoffs, and implementation decisions needed for each phase of the product life and master business and organizational logic to ensure product success in the marketplace.
In this course, part of the Digital Product Management MicroMasters program, you will be introduced to key frameworks for decision-making based on both economic and organizational considerations.
- Product line planning and road mapping alternatives
- Idea generation, customer need assessment, co-creation, definition and validation of minimal viable product (MVP) and allied set up of requirement documents
- Alternative approaches for lean, agile and waterfall development, along with the tools for assessing task, project and business risks (and risk mitigation strategies) at scrums or at stage gates.
- How to launch a product and create a go-to-market strategy to champion your product.
- Performance Management: how to take ownership of product related profit (or loss) over various life cycle stages; how to track and optimize system performance metrics while organizing social media and third party data towards performance optimization
Course Duration: 7 weeks (4-8 hours)
12. Product Management Fundamentals
Product management is one of the fastest growing and most lucrative jobs available today. Companies have awoken to the desperate need for product managers to create products that customers love, that integrate design, functionality, and business solutions. In our course, we define the fundamentals of product management and why this role is so coveted as a launch pad for future CEOs and startup founders.
This course investigates the framework for success in product management by defining the product manager’s position in an organization and the key responsibilities. We will examine the skills and competencies most critical to carrying out those responsibilities. To further improve your understanding of product management, we will discuss how product managers engage with the product team and stakeholders to create and manage successful products.
- Roles and responsibilities of the product manager. The job of the product manager, skills and competencies, and stakeholder management
- Managing innovative product teams. Organizing and managing a product team, product development life cycle, development methodologies, and engaging with stakeholders and funding sources
- Marketing challenges and guiding principles. Marketing challenges, common marketing mistakes, know your customer, and rethinking the 4P’s of marketing
- Customer development. Revisiting customer development, highlights from the Customer Development Manifesto, market type and marketing, and how market type affects marketing strategy
- Crossing the chasm. Basics of crossing the chasm, solving customer problems, segmenting the market, and expanding your market
Course Duration: 4 weeks (2-3 hours/week)
13. Real-World Product Management Specialization
Learn product management using the same curriculum as Amazon and Google PMs! Gain insights to impress on your first (or next) product manager (PM) role.
Lead instructor Nancy Wang, Director and General Manager of Data Protection Services at Amazon Web Services, and former Rubrik and Google PM leader shares the key business, technical, design, and leadership skills necessary for success at PM roles at the world’s top technology companies. These skills will serve you throughout your career.
Learn the most desired product management skills from 20 product leaders at Amazon, Google/Alphabet, Facebook/Instagram, and Silicon Valley startups. View the full list of our industry leading teaching talent in our course descriptions below!
- How elite PMs work backward from their customers using personas, interviews, journeys; PRDs, PRFAQs; MPVs, market sizing, and competitive analyses.
- How elite PMs show their success using velocity, KPIs, OKRs, North Stars, A/B/n tests, NPS, CSAT, CES, cohort analyses, LTV, pricing, and financials.
- Lead and work with customers, engineers, designers, data scientists, AI, and ML! Practice technical skills asked by Amazon, Google, and Microsoft.
- Ace PM interviews! Train using real PM interview questions. Using our app, practice on hundreds asked by Amazon, Google, Facebook, and Microsoft.
Course Duration: 4 months (4 hours/week)
14. Data Science and Agile Systems for Product Management
Data science and analytics are the lifeblood of any product organization, and enable product managers to tackle risks early. Luckily, new technologies allow us to collect and integrate data without extreme upfront constraints and onerous controls. This means all data is fair game, and when tagged and stored properly, can be made available at nearly any scale for preparation, visualization, analysis, and modeling.
This course will teach you the paradigms, processes, and introduce some key technologies that make the data-driven product organization the optimal competitor in the market.
- Designing and modeling for fast feedback and idea sharing
- System optimization with open architectures
- Validating functions and verifying performance
- Leveraging and enabling the system designs, platforms, and ecosystems
- Lean Startup and Product Innovation Analytics
- Developing the data collection and preparation pipeline for products and services
- Analyzing the performance and testing hypotheses for usability, fast-feedback, and growth
- Customer experience (CX) validation and enhancement leveraging usability analytics
Course Duration: 4 weeks (2-3 hours)