Creating outstanding products now requires a focus on the consumer and user experience. The process must be fluid and adhere to the best practices in product design and development. While creating a great user experience can be a time-consuming and costly process, there are ways to make it go faster and smarter without sacrificing quality. Product Design Online Courses are the best way to learn more about the products.
List of 10 Best Product Design Online Courses and Certifications
Here are a few top Product Design Online Courses that you should definitely check out to up your product designing game!
1. Product Ideation, Design, And Management Specialization – Coursera
This course is offered by the University of Maryland. Through this course, you will learn to discover, design, and deliver products that suit the customer’s needs. This specialization is curated for aspiring and present product developers who seek to pursue a career in product design and management and related roles. You will learn the fundamentals of product designing and management by undertaking this course.
- Develop your entrepreneurial thinking and conduct market and industry analysis to identify product ideas.
- Learn to master the change with internal and external collaborators.
- Know the fundamentals to carry out the roles and responsibilities of a product designer.
- Build your own toolbox of techniques and knowledge for solving real-time problems of product leaders.
- Learn how to create minimum viable products (MVPs) to translate product ideas into reality.
- Formulate financial strategies to assist product design.
Course Duration: 5 months
2. Introduction To Product Design – University Arts London
This online short course provides valuable insight into the fundamentals of product design. It will give an overview of the many theoretical and practical skills used during designing a product. With project-based learning and hands-on experimentation, you will learn about model-making and sketching.
This course is specially designed for anyone who wants to develop their skills in product design and obtain knowledge of the product design process. This course will also introduce various theories and industry topics within product design and teach how to apply them in practice.
- Develop an understanding of the design process in detail and generate ideas and develop concepts.
- Obtain an understanding of the fundamentals of design and the processes used by professional designers and know-how to apply similar techniques to your work
- Undertake various research to set a design strategy
- Enhance your drawing skills for both sketching and technical drawing through practice.
- Learn how to present and communicate your ideas through drawing and three-dimensional form.
- Learn the application of the concepts of product design by completing a range of practical tasks
- An industry expert shall review your work and give personal feedback about the same.
Course Duration: 6 weeks
Recommended Read: 10 Best Gerontology Online Courses and Certifications in 2021
3. Product Design by Google – Udacity
This course is designed to help students, product designing enthusiasts, and beginners shape their innovative idea and transform them into a product that you can build a business around. This course tries to teach UI/UX practices, product designing and validation, Google’s Design Sprint, and the process for setting and tracking actionable metrics by blending theory and practice. This course is 100 per cent online and has no formal prerequisites. Enrol in this course and enhance your skill set through innovative, independent learning.
- Learn how to design impactful user experiences for products in today’s digital age.
- Learn how to develop, refine, and validate product ideas as per the product market.
- Understand the different case studies and interviews of founders and product experts.
- Build an entrepreneurial mindset and learn how to conduct user research efficiently.
- Go through all the steps required to validate your ideas and build mock-ups of your product by using Google’s leading Design Sprint Master.
- Build a portfolio and enhance your ability to transform user research into high-fidelity interactive product designs.
- Analyze the user experience of another similar product and start recording a user flow for your own product.
- Identify actionable metrics that will work best for your own product and monitor those matrices.
Course Duration: 2 months
4. Build Persuasive Products – Udemy
Enrol in this course and learn how to develop the most effective and persuasive design patterns. This course will also cover the underlying psychological principles that drive the design towards action and how the same can be easily applied to your design.
This course examines how consumers think, what motivates them, and what affects their decisions. After this course, you will be able to apply these principles to design valuable user experiences that persuade them to buy the product. This online course is designed for Web designers, business developers, interaction designers, usability professionals, user experience professionals, and student enthusiasts.
- Learn to design more effective, more innovative, and more engaging products by studying the customer’s psychology.
- Learn how to design with intent and purpose.
- Study the needs and wants of users today to create better and more engaging interactions.
- Build ideas and products that attract your users and motivate them to act.
- Know the tricks of mastery and honest seduction to sustain passionate customers.
Course Duration: 3 hours
5. Innovation Through Design – Coursera
Offered by the University of Sydney, this course is fifth on the list of Product Design Online Courses and demonstrates how to use design as a way to provide innovative and strategic advantages. This course is suitable for anyone who is curious about design and wants to learn how the processes and tools of design thinking are translated into innovative opportunities. Over 5 weeks, this course shall explore, apply and practice the design process: think, make, break and repeat.
- Introduction to the theoretical concepts and examining industry case studies with leading Australian design firms
- Understand design in parts- the thinking part, the making part, the breaking part, and the repeating part
- Learn from practising designers and leaders in design by exploring three of Australia’s creative design offices.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of design through industry insights.
- Understand the present and potential roles of design in the innovation landscape.
- Get equipped with a set of practical tools and techniques that can be applied practically.
- Learn to identify opportunities from problems and find innovative solutions through design.
Course Duration: 16 hours
6. Master Digital Product Design: Ux Research And Ui Design – Udemy
This course offers a detailed education for product designers. It teaches how to design a great user interface based on research on user experience. An absolute beginner, with no background in product design, can also enrol in this course. This course is vast and is spread into 12 modules, each module covering a unique range of topics.
- Know the issues that pose new challenges and require addressing by a new kind of design team.
- Study a complex range of behavioural psychology, creativity, and perception of users.
- Know how product design started with the history of products.
- Learn all you need to start designing products people love.
- Explore interesting materials that will change the whole business’ view about creating digital products.
Course Duration: 15-16 hours
Recommended Read: 10 Best Software Testing Online Courses and Certifications
7. Master Product Design With Fusion 360 – Linkedin
This course is seventh on the list of Product Design Online Courses and will teach you how as a Fusion 360 product designer, you’ll create products of the finest quality. From part modelling and surfacing to animation and rendering to designing parts for production, this course can help you create a strong foundation in real-world product design.
- Know what the tools to design parts are and master the techniques.
- Learn to visualize your products using animation.
- Create innovative product designs that are ready for manufacture.
Course Duration: 12 hours
8. Product Design: The Delft Design Approach – Edx
This course will teach how to use several key design methods to create meaningful products and services with the help of the Delft design approach. You will also know the customer in the context of defining the design challenges and finally delivering a design that meets his needs. This 100% online course, needs no prior knowledge and you can begin at your convenience.
- Study users in their environment and observe patterns.
- How to translate user insights into an innovative design.
- Learn to create a meaningful design to meet the needs of your users.
- Learn how to structure and design projects with the help of design thinking.
- Learn evaluation of designs
- Learn how to present your design.
Course Duration: 7 weeks
9. How To Build Habit-Forming Products – Udemy
This course highlights “the Hook Model” and shares a framework for designing habit-forming products. This gives product designers and entrepreneurs a new way of identifying the necessary components influencing user behaviour. Get to know the tactics of giants like Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest used to drive repeat engagement.
- Learn what the common design patterns of habit-forming products are.
- Learn how to optimize for user retention by understanding the stages of habit formation.
- Gain in-depth knowledge about the psychology that drives user behaviour
- Learn how to build products to fulfil core customer needs.
- Know the Practical steps for leading a design process to ensure your product is used regularly.
Course Duration: 2-3 hours
Recommended Read: 5 Best Brand Strategy Online Courses and Certifications
10. Product Designing, Prototyping And Testing – Edx
This course explains the vitals of design thinking principles and prototyping. Get to know the product design tools and processes and understand their fundamentals. Learn to create quality products that don’t compromise design for functionality or feasibility. This course will enable you to transform your ideas into prototyping.
You will also learn how to develop marketable offerings that create real value for customers and the organization. This course covers topics from design methods, modelling, and simulation, material and manufacturing process selection to proper planning and scheduling
- Generate and select the concept by defining product specifications and setting the target and final specifications.
- Design the product and architecture for the environment and design for manufacturing and industries.
- Learn the principles of prototyping and user experience and the anatomy of an experience map.
- Develop product architecture using Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Web Design Lifecycle, and open source.
- Undertake robust design process and version control.
- Perform testing and troubleshooting
- Know the guidelines for project planning, management, and project execution.
Course Duration: 4 weeks