Today in a world full of stress and anxiety, the need for medicines has increased. And with a rise in the number of drugs entering the human body, it is essential to know what is the reaction and response of the body to these drugs. This whole process has a name. It is called pharmacology, there are various Pharmacology CME courses to learn the process.
This is one branch of medicine that must be studied, be it a nurse or a physicist or just an individual taking those medicines. Continuing medical education has gained immense popularity over the past few years, and pharmacology is one of the most in-demand topics among these activities.
List of the Best Pharmacology CME Online Courses
There are several top Pharmacology CME courses available on verified and trusted websites that provide credit to those in search. Have a look. You will surely get a course that gives you all the information that you want to get.
1. Dispelling Myths about OTC Pain and Fever Reducing Medications in Acute Viral Respiratory Illness, Pri-Med
This is an online self-paced course that navigates and recommends over-the-counter medications for viral respiratory illnesses. It teaches about NSAIDs and outlines the benefits and risks involved in their data. Covering the topics of pulmonary medicine, and infectious diseases, including the coronavirus disease and influenza, this course provides a maximum credit of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 credit, including 1.00 AANP pharm credit. Physicians, pharmacists, and nurse practitioners can take this course. Even individuals with no medical background can opt for this course to expand their general knowledge.
- Know what are NSAIDs and what is it about
- Review the risks of the use of NSAIDs
- Analyze the benefits data on the use of NSAIDs
- Outlined the treatment of acute viral respiratory illnesses
- Study the safety data on NSAIDs
- Conclude evidence-based data and current literature
Course Duration: Self Paced
2. Pharmacogenomics for Your Practice, Mayo Clinic
Anybody seeking to understand the topic of pharmacogenomics can take this online self-paced course for a deep analysis of the study of how genes affect an individual’s response to medications. This activity has been designed especially for pharmacists, physicians, nurses, medical students, and other members of healthcare who are in search of information that relates an individual’s genes to patient care. Through case studies, real-life examples, and expert panel debates, you can attend this course in the comfort of your home at your convenience.
- Familiarise yourself with the basic definitions and terminologies of pharmacogenomics
- Establish a relationship between an individual’s jeans and their response to medicines
- Understand the requirements for implementing pharmacogenomics in clinical practices
- Study an individualized medication management plan
- Identify the challenges and issues of pharmacogenomics in patient care
- Develop plans and strategies to overcome these challenges
Course Duration: 16 hours
3. Prescription Drug Regulation, Cost, and Access: Current Controversies in Context, Harvard Online Learning
The Harvard medical school has developed an online self-paced course under health and medicine which gives an introductory lesson on how the FDA regulates pharmaceuticals and prescription drug cost, marketing, and testing. This course ranks on the third place in the list of Pharmacology CME. By studying the patterns of the US, this course expresses concern over the increasing use of prescription drugs And sorts to develop ways to overcome this problem. This is a verified course that can earn AMA PRA Category 1 credit of 2. It covers the topics of medicine, pharmacology, medical research, government regulations, and public policy.
- Identify the increasing concern for prescription drug
- Learn how prescription drugs are developed and marketed
- Explore the controversies associated with them
- Examine the history and role of the FDA in the US prescription drug market
- Understand the process of discovering, testing, and approving innovative drugs
- Watch current debates and gain information and new perspective from them
Course Duration: 8 weeks
4. Prescribing Challenges Pharmacology CE, My CME
The nurse practitioner associate for continuing education has provided an online self-paced continuing nursing education activity on prescribing challenges pharmacology. From pharmacogenomics to sending the latest drug updates to the different pharmacotherapeutics, this course is the perfect program for those seeking to familiarise themselves with the current updates in the pharmaceutical industry. This program contains eight courses, with each addressing a different aspect of pharmacology. The course provides 11.50 pharmacology credits and is perfect for nurses, pharmacists, physicians, physician assistants, and medical workers.
- Learn about the basics of pharmacology
- Know about the anxiety pharmacotherapeutics
- Explore the latest drugs and those out of date
- Explain in detail the pharmacotherapeutics of mood disorders
- Identify the pharmacology for insomnia
- Studying the genomic medicine
Course Duration: 11.5 hours
5. Prescription Drug Misuse and Addiction, edX
The Stanford University school of medicine is providing an online CME self-paced activity accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, and the American Nursing Credentialing Centre to provide a detailed course on prescription drug misuse and addiction. Through a biopsychosocial approach, this course uses clinical interviews and California’s prescription drug monitoring program to identify and overcome the issues arising in this very topic. While discourse is at an advanced level, there are no prerequisites for signing up for it.
- Learn about California‘s prescription drug monitoring program
- Familiarise yourself with the concept of clinical interviews
- Learn to conduct a clinical interview
- Identify the kinds of problems existing
- Develop ways and strategies to overcome these problems
- Understand better through didactics videos and case studies
Course Duration: 1 week
6. BoardVitals Pharmacology CE Board Review, CME List
This is a digital self-learning course that is sixth on the list of Pharmacology CME and provides all the relevant information about pharmacology research, treatment, strategies, practices, breakthroughs, and controversies in an extensive manner. People looking to prepare for the pharmacology board can benefit from this course. Nurse practitioners, APRNs, and physicians are the other prime focus of this course which is according to the policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. This is a self-paced course and can be watched according to your own time and convenience.
- Learn about the basics of pharmaceuticals
- Become aware of the ways to take care of patients using pharmaceuticals
- Familiarise yourself with the basic terms of pharmacology
- Make use of evidence-based changes in practice
- Gain insights on proper pharmacotherapeutics
- Explore the controversies and breakthroughs in this industry
Course Duration: 25 hours
7. NursingCE Pharmacology CEs for FNPs and other APRNs, CME List
This is a virtual self-paced course approved by the American nurses credentialing Centre to provide continuing medical education to all those who are in search of CME credit activities. This is a collection of module lectures that give insights on the current practice guidelines and research in some of the most common as well as uncommon issues that FNPs and APRNs come across in their day-to-day practices. With easy access to the material, the additional resources, and the questions, this course provides 25 credits.
- Learn about the basics of nursing pharmacology
- Cover the topics of pain management, psychological disorders, substance abuse, and cardiovascular health issues
- Become aware of the latest breakthroughs in the research of pharmacology
- Gain insights into the daily challenges that APRNs come across
- Develop policies and strategies to overcome these challenges
- Learn the importance of safe and effective prescribing of a controlled substance
Course Duration: 25 hours
8. Nurse Practitioner Pharmacology, University Learning Systems
The University Learning Systems has organized an online course on the topic of nurse practitioner pharmacology. The main focus of this topic is on pharmacology, to educate clinicians, pharmacists, physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and other medical professionals who are seeking evidence-based pharmacotherapeutic education. This course includes life, recorded, and online courses which allow interacting and engrossing sessions of continuing pharmacy education. It also includes the topic of pain management, opioids, diabetes, and other cardiovascular issues.
- Know what is pharmacology
- Learn about the nurse practitioner pharmacology
- Focus on the evidence-based non-commercial pharmacology
- Gain insights on the topics of pain management and opioids
- Know about practising clinical pharmacology from medical educators
- Understand through case studies and real-life examples
Course Duration: Self Paced
9. Unconscious Bias in Medicine, edX
The Stanford University school of medicine has presented through The Office of Quality development and Diversity an online self-paced course on the topic of unconscious bias in medicine. Through ongoing research and case studies, this course indulges in giving people a new perspective on conscious bias and self-assessment opportunities in medicine. This course is designed specifically for physicians from all specialities as well as nurses, pharmacists, and other health officials. The post provides additional resources and regular knowledge checks.
- Know what is the meaning of unconscious bias in medicine
- Discuss the effects of unconscious bias and everyday activities
- Understand the relationship between patients and health fresheners
- Learn the specific bias-busting techniques
- Recognize the sectors where personal unconscious biases may occur
- Develop strategies to correct this unconscious bias
Course Duration: 1 week
10. A Brief Review of Pharmacologic Options for Obesity Management, Pri-Med
Covering the topics of endocrinology and obesity, this course relates them to pharmacology and raises many questions that occur in an individual‘s mind. This activity has a maximum credit of 0.5 AANP pharm and provides a holistic approach towards making this interactive and engaging video-based activity informative about the topics of obesity. This course is under the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education and American Association for Nurse Practitioners.
- Know about the increasing problem of obesity
- Familiarise yourself with the pharmacological Medicine options
- Explore the long-term treatment of obesity
- Review and study the guidelines for the proper use of these medications
- Learn the use of practical tools and instruments
- Gain more knowledge through additional resources
Course Duration: 0.5 hours
11. Family Nurse Practitioner CME Course, Challenger CME
This is a virtual learning course based on the models of the ANCC and AANP that is in the eleventh place in the list of Pharmacology CME, which provide detailed answers and explanations on the topic of the family nurse practitioner. Perfect for budding nurses and medical professionals, these courses provide information reviewed by medical specialists And clinical text to make their quality of continuing medical education stand out. The course provides a PDF CNE certificate instantly after the completion of it. They also provide a review of the topics and corrections to them.
- Know about the syllabus of the practitioner exam
- Learn about the basic features of a nurse practitioners job
- Practice and review topic-based questions
- Get detailed answers and explanations
- Understand better through real-life case studies and examples
- Interact with medical professionals and specialists
Course Duration: 45 hours
12. Adult-Gerontology NP Pharmacology Package, FHEA
The Fitzgerald Faculty medical organization has organized an online self-learning program on pharmacology for adult gerontology nurse practitioners. This is a comprehensive course that helps nurses and clinics questions to gain knowledge and pharmacology through a broader perspective. It is a self-paced course that is available according to time and convenience. This course also includes several real-life case studies and special considerations to provide a better understanding.
- Learn about the acute bacterial Rhinosinusitis
- Gain insights on the latest treatments and innovative recommendations
- Know about the latest updates on my hand antibiotics
- Explore the drug-nutrient interactions
- Examine the dermatology in older adults
- Understand the principles of safe prescribing
Course Duration: 31 hours
13. Acute and Critical Care Pharmacology, AACN
The American Association of critical care nurses has offered an online course on the topic of acute critical care pharmacology to prepare advanced practice nurses. This is a self-paced e-learning course that makes nurses and physicians use evidence-based knowledge for the safe prescription and medication of critically and acutely ill patients. This course consists of eight modules and provides a culture of patient safety using the standards of ACN and Elsevier clinical solutions. This course has a maximum credit of 10.6 and 6 APRN Pharma CEs.
- Recognize the patient safety issues and how they are related to medication administration
- Learn about the definitions and terminologies of pharmacology
- Compare and evaluate pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Review and assess patients with anxiety and pain
- Learn about the nurses who administer medication
- Learn through an evidence-based approach
Course Duration: 11 hours
14. Pharmacogenomics in Practice-Based Education, Mayo Clinic
The Mayo Clinic School of Continuous Professional Development has offered an online safe-paced course on pharmacogenomics which takes a practical approach to teach individuals the fundamentals of this education. It implements pharmacogenomics into a clinical practice And makes nurse practitioners, physicians, pharmacists, and medical students understand. Along with the module come lectures, which provide additional information and downloadable resources to enrich and expand the participant’s knowledge.
- Learn the definitions and fundamentals of pharmacogenomics
- Understand the importance of implementing pharmacogenomics in clinical practice
- Discuss the ways to implement it in a clinical practice
- Develop individualized medication management plans
- Identify the challenges and issues of pharmacogenomics
- Assess pharmacogenomics tests and review their results
Course Duration: 6.5 hours
15. The Opioid Crisis in America, Harvard Online Learning
The Harvard medical school has developed an online self-paced program that is available for continuing education credit on the topic of the opioid crisis in America. Keeping in view that more than 100 Americans die each day from an overdose of opioids, This course starts from the start and educates people about the origins and the spread of this epidemic. Covering the topics of medicine, mental health, pharmacology, and public health, this course explores the impact of opiate misuse and abuse on the individual, his family, and his community.
- Know about the origins and spread of appeared in America
- Learn about the medical and non-medical use of opioids
- Learn about the ways to treat opioid misuse and addiction
- Explore the ways How people get addicted to opioids
- Examine the ways opiate addiction leads to blockages in neurological pathways
- Understand the ways of preventing an opioid overdose
Course Duration: 10 weeks