Java is one of the most in-demand programming languages in the world. Growth prospects are staggering and are expected to create almost twenty per cent of all programming-related jobs by 2024. There are various online courses to learn Java, which you can choose from the following list.
Whether you are a programmer or a fresher, knowledge of Java can really give you a leg up in the world of computer science and technology.
Here are Some of the Best Online Courses on Java that you can experience:
If you want to learn Java from the basics, then here is a list of the best online courses for Java.
1. Udemy – Complete Java Masterclass
This course is in a league of its own. It’s an absolute master class when it comes to learning Java online. Already attended by 200,000+ students from all over the world, this is an ideal choice for everyone, from beginners to advanced learners.
You will be taught how to master Java 8 and Java 9 core development step-by-step, and the course will assist you to create your first advanced program within just thirty days. This is by far the best Java course online.
- Learn to build creative Java 8 & 9 apps.
- Learn to create all computer platforms immediately.
- Learn Java comprehensively and get secret tips and tricks that are used by experts and experts.
- Understand how to cut the fluff and concentrate on things that matter.
- Lifelong access is available for all videos and other related resources.
2. LinkedIn Learning Java – Online Course
With over forty-one thousand viewers, it’s easy to see why this program is a crowd favourite. This program in Java works with the latest version of the language and the newly configured JShell.
Mainly aimed at beginners, this training covers all the basic concepts necessary to understand the core of the language. The teacher helps you to go over the basic syntax, flow, and logic of your code and debug your project to get rid of any mistakes.
After the basic principles, go to more complex concepts of object-oriented programming such as inheritance and encapsulation. This course is ideal for developers who need to speed up with the latest version of Java as well as beginners who work for the first time with this language.
- This beginner-level course does not require any prerequisites.
- Clear instructions are provided to install the necessary software to follow the lectures, implement the practical examples and work on projects.
- The first few lectures provide an explanation of the things to remember for the duration of the program and how to start the exercises.
- The “View offline” option gives you the option to access the course content without the internet.
- Includes working on challenges over the duration of the program to practice your skills.
- The training is divided into four sections together with chapter questions and the study content. Everything is available free of charge.
- The users of this course comprise software developers and testers, and many others.
3. Pluralsight – Learning Java: Online Bootcamp
The programs in this course are designed to make it easy to choose the right one. Divide into three levels – beginner, intermediate and advanced, there are a total of fifteen courses.
Work on practical assignments, and projects and try challenges to improve your coding efficiency. Equally important to both theory and practice, this course ensures that it offers a balancing experience.
- The lectures guide you through all the necessary topics needed to become a skilled Java developer.
- Instructors give tips and advice on best practices to encrypt in this language.
- Testable codes and solutions are provided to better understand the problems.
- Introduction to using frameworks such as spring and other important concepts such as memory management.
- The course is divided into sections together with relevant challenges.
- -The full study material, videos and exercises are available for free for the first ten days.
4. Coursera – Java Certification by Duke University
Fourth on the list of online courses for Java is Java Certification by Duke University This specialization is brought to you by Duke University. In this course, you are introduced to the world of Java, the foundation of the Android operating system. You will be taught core programming and use this foundation to untangle complex issues.
- To get the basic skills needed a software engineer must solve real problems.
- Learn algorithms design, test and debug your programs.
- The program is subdivided into five courses to cover different aspects of the – language.
- It includes a Capstone project to help you practically apply everything you learn.
5. Coursera – Parallel, Simultaneous, and Spread Programming in Java Certification
This certification course is by Rice University, regarded as one of the top twenty universities in the USA. The online program will help you improve your programming skills by using parallelism.
The teacher will guide you through the basics of parallel, simultaneous and scattered programming.
- Learn multi-threaded and scattered programming for a wide variety of platforms.
- Parallel frameworks of Java such as ForkJoin, Phaser and Stream are covered.
- You will have access to the instructor and mentors online throughout the course.
- The course will also help you to master other simultaneous programming systems in the future.
- Backed by the prestigious Rice University.
6. LinkedIn Learning by Lynda – Become a Java Programmer
If you want to follow a career as a Java developer or look forward to adding a wide variety of concepts of this language to your skill set, you’re in the right place.
It consists of more than twelve exercises; so this course contains choices for everyone, regardless of skill level. If you are a beginner, you can start with the basic courses or if you want to practice common coding problems in Java, there are also courses for that.
At the end of the road, you will be ready to apply for a developer profile or as a freelance worker.
- Well-structured content and all topics are covered at a high rate.
- The instructors in the training cover the concepts in an interactive manner that makes it easy to understand the foundations for the practical assignments.
- You can use the lessons online as well as offline with the View offline option.
- The training is divided into relevant sections together with assessments.
- Courses like code clinics offer many challenges and questions along with solutions to sharpen your coding skills.
- The course content can be used free of charge.
7. Skillshare – Java Training & Tutorials Online
You can choose from a variety of free courses on the SkillShare e-learning platform. The first month is free and you may need to pay a small amount for the second or third month.
Good choice for those who want a basic course on Java at zero cost. The courses may not all be as comprehensive as the others mentioned in this list, but it is a good platform, never less.
8. Microsoft – Object Oriented Java Certification Programming on EdX
This is a Microsoft Certification Course available on the EDX e-Learning platform. You will learn how to design, how code is organized, learn how to apply industry-standard practices when building your software.
The tutor of this program is part of the Learning Team at Microsoft. You will also learn how to use single and two-dimensional arrays, in addition to different implementations of the Java List interface.
- Learn to design best practices when you create your own objects from scratch.
- Also, demystify abstract classes to connect objects.
- Come with Microsoft Certification.
- A comprehensive course that lasts 4 to 10 hours a week.
- It’s a free Java course and you only have to pay for the certification.
9. Coursera – Object Oriented Programming In Java Certificate Course
This specialization comes from UC San Diego and Duke University and consists of four courses. You will be taught about solving software, settlements, lists and structured data, object-oriented Java programming and data structure and performance.
This course is a collaborative effort by some of the best minds in the industry.
- The prerequisites are a strong foundation in Python and C.
- Java development environments such as Eclipse and BlueJ are covered.
- Learn to design programs that are capable of managing large amounts of data.
- The skills you learn also apply to other programming languages.
These are some of the best online Java courses around. Get started and explore yourself! Feel free to give feedback and suggestion via our contact form.