Looking for good medical esthetician online courses? Your search ends here.
The demand for medical estheticians is on the rise, as more and more people are seeking advanced skincare treatments to improve their appearance and address various skin conditions. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of skincare specialists, including medical estheticians, is projected to grow 17 per cent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations.
Medical estheticians are highly valued in the skincare industry, as they have specialized training and expertise in performing advanced treatments that require medical oversight. They are typically employed in medical spas, dermatology offices, plastic surgery centres, and other healthcare facilities working alongside physicians and other healthcare providers.
The demand for medical estheticians is also driven by the growing popularity of minimally invasive cosmetic procedures such as laser treatments, chemical peels, and microdermabrasion. These treatments are becoming increasingly common as people look for non-surgical alternatives to more invasive cosmetic procedures.
Medical Esthetician Online Courses
Table of Contents
- Medical Esthetician Online Courses
- 1. Dermatology: Trip to Skin (Coursera)
- 2. Starting your Business in Medical Aesthetics (Udemy)
- 3. Advanced Skin Science for Beauty Therapists (Udemy)
- 4. Paramedical Esthetics Online Course (CIAE)
- 5. The Ultimate Masterclass for Face Makeup (SkillShare)
- 6. Beauty Therapy Training Course (Shaw Academy)
- 7. Diploma in Luxury Facial, Facial Machines, and Chemical Peeling (Udemy)
- 8. Diploma in Beauty Technician – Level 3 (Global Edu Link)
- 9. Beauty Therapy & Makeup (International Career Institute)
- 10. Esthetician Program (Cerritos College)
- 11. Esthetics Skin Care Program (Santa Monica College)
- Some Other Good Online Courses for Medical Estheticians
1. Dermatology: Trip to Skin (Coursera)
Interested in the basics of dermatology and want to learn the formulations of your skin? Then these medical esthetician online courses will satisfy your interest in the topic as well as teach you how to treat basic skin diseases.
This course isn’t exclusively for doctors or medical practitioners, it is for all the people out there who are invested in health and skincare. This course is offered by Novosibirsk State University, which has one of the best faculties and expertise in natural science.
- It is a simple and basic study of dermatology that can easily be understood by non-medical learners.
- Learn the basic structure and functions of the skin and how it works against several factors.
- Identifying some of the skin diseases and their treatment.
- Deadlines of a particular assignment are flexible, so helps in adjusting them as per our schedule.
Course Duration: 6 hours
2. Starting your Business in Medical Aesthetics (Udemy)
This course from Udemy allows you to have a general idea about how to start a medical aesthetics business like a professional. Medical Aesthetics has a huge scope as a startup, and if you are a practitioner, nurse, or authorized dentist this will greatly help you to understand this easy and profitable business.
This course is exclusively for licensed nurses, doctors or practitioners and is guided by professionals that have more than 20 years of experience in the field of aesthetics. So, it will be beneficial for medical students to have in-depth knowledge about business in aesthetics and how to proceed with it systematically.
- The course provides important resources, information, advice, and troubleshooting about the business to give you a successful head start.
- The mentors are professionals and have a lot of experience in the aesthetics field.
- Proper reviews and suggestions were provided as well for the ones who are new.
Course Duration: 2 hours
Recommended: 15 Best Event Planning Online Courses in 2021
3. Advanced Skin Science for Beauty Therapists (Udemy)
Understanding the skin is important as we face a lot of skin problems now and then. Interested in how different products are used for skin and the way they work? Udemy highlights how our skin gets affected by pigmentation and acne.
Anyone with basic knowledge of dermatology can join and learn from this course. The course is exclusively made for beauty therapists, aestheticians, and skin therapists. It’s an advanced course and not recommended for beginners.
- The course covers important aspects of healthy skin, how we can improve our skin health, and also about skin rejuvenation.
- 3D lookout of the cells for better understanding.
- It can be used to rejuvenate and explore the knowledge about skin.
- Providing the skin therapist with the knowledge on handling and detecting the in-balances by chemical means.
Course Duration: 6 hours
4. Paramedical Esthetics Online Course (CIAE)
Paramedical Esthetics Online Course (CIAE) is fourth on the list of Medical Esthetician Online Courses. It is exclusively made for estheticians and cosmetologists who are interested in clinical esthetics and contains extensive lectures on medical esthetics and demonstration. The course is also self-paced so you don’t have to finish it as soon as possible rather can finish and understand it at your own pace.
Doubts about the classes can be cleared with the educator after classes or can be consulted via email. The presentations of the materials can be downloaded too, therefore they can be accessed from anywhere and anytime.
- The course will be lectured with live demonstrations.
- No time limit for completion.
- There will be no refunds once paid.
- The in-depth knowledge and analysis will surely help you if you are in this field of study.
Course Duration: Self Paced (40 days from the time you sign up for this course until all homework is due and the final test needs to be completed)
5. The Ultimate Masterclass for Face Makeup (SkillShare)
It is a beginner course for an overview of makeup. It discusses various components used – how they are used, their specific advantage, and most importantly how they uplift the morale of your skin.
There are no complicated demonstrations used, the mentor is highly experienced and explains it quite nicely and steadily throughout the course. She also sorts out the main problems that are faced by beginners so they enjoy using makeup with a stunning look.
- Choosing the right make-up product and how they are used.
- Discussion of common problems faced by beginners.
- The demonstration of applications is shown vividly.
Course Duration: 2 hours
6. Beauty Therapy Training Course (Shaw Academy)
This course will help you to boost your knowledge about makeup, skincare, nails, body treatments, and hair removal. It is very useful and effective for people who are interested in Beauty therapy as their career.
The advanced practical applications of makeup are also demonstrated so that you can get exposure and grab the idea of it. This course is not recommended for beginners as there are advanced techniques that will be too much to process when learning the basic facts. People who already have the idea can gain a lot of things within this single course.
- Functioning and understanding the working of skin processes and how to overcome its drawbacks.
- Applying the basics or advanced makeup skills to learn them better.
- Knowledge about several hair removal techniques and their application.
- Discussion about taking care of the whole body to avoid major setbacks.
Course Duration: 4 weeks
7. Diploma in Luxury Facial, Facial Machines, and Chemical Peeling (Udemy)
A course about extensive techniques in a luxury facial that are required to provide the clients. It is an advanced course where the techniques are complicated but doesn’t compromise on the details.
The course also involves disposals to product training and includes aesthetic beauty tools as well which are explained elaborately yet in an easy manner, so that it’s understandable to a wider audience. You have the privilege of learning the practicals at your own pace and time too.
- Cleansing, exfoliation, professional peeling, steaming and softening skin, massages, and mask treatments are made to learn with details.
- Disposals to product training and facials are taught thoroughly.
- Usage of Beauty tools like Diamond peel mini micro-dermabrasion, ultrasonic eye, and face tools is also included in the course.
Course Duration: 2 hours
8. Diploma in Beauty Technician – Level 3 (Global Edu Link)
This course is eighth in Medical Esthetician Online Courses and will provide you with a complete package of the things you need to know to become a professional beauty technician of level 3 grade. You will gain knowledge about the basic as well as advanced skills which in turn is going to help you in serving your client better.
The course also provides practicals so that you can learn the genuine aspects and not just the theoretical aspect. You can learn to set up your very own equipment and kit, which will give you tons of experience and knowledge about this field.
- Learning about various beauty treatments like treating hair, doing makeup, etc.
- You will gain practical knowledge as the demonstrations are shown for better understanding.
- Setting up your beauty equipment and kit.
Course Duration: Self Paced
9. Beauty Therapy & Makeup (International Career Institute)
This course will help you to be a qualified makeup artist and beauty therapist. It has a wide range of study materials that will broaden your aspect on topics and have a knowledgeable experience throughout the course.
You can learn the tips for becoming a successful beauty therapist through the experienced mentors in the program who are versatile and one of the best in their fields. With increasingly busy lifestyles, beauty therapists also have increased opportunities to fill the gap in demand.
- Applied knowledge of nutrition and skin biology with skincare and make-up products, you will bag everything you need to know in this topic through this course.
- Provides an opportunity to interact with qualified and experienced mentors.
- The course is an all-rounder with the availability of facial treatment, body treatment, and financial transactions.
Course Duration: 24 weeks
10. Esthetician Program (Cerritos College)
Interested in the field of Esthetics? Here’s a chance to grab that opportunity from the Dermalogica Partnership School, Cerritos College. The students are taught how to perform varieties of facial massages, electrical modalities, waxing and hair removal techniques, nutrition, and anatomy.
It is an International Dermal Institute with world-class faculties who are renowned and experienced in their respective field. You can also gain access to advanced post-graduate training to help you in the transition from student to professional.
- This course has a lot of utilities if you want to study Esthetics. It gives the opportunity of learning the most special and advanced skills.
- After studying, we have the chance to transition from being students to being professionals.
- The faculties are well experienced and renowned and ready to help with any problem.
Course Duration: 15 weeks
11. Esthetics Skin Care Program (Santa Monica College)
Eleventh on the list of Medical Esthetician Online Courses is Santa Monica College offers the best course to be a skincare expert and work for the official esthetician’s license that you always dreamt of. Clearing the California State Board of Cosmetology exam for estheticians isn’t an easy job, it needs a minimum of 600 hours of training. Santa Monica helps towards that goal and provides all the necessary things you need to learn and practice.
From skin analysis to makeup application, the Esthetics program has it all with active demonstration by one of the world’s finest faculties. The students will grow up to demonstrate professional-level skills in client consultation and also will be proficient in working towards health
- Completing the course from here can earn you the job title of skincare specialist, first-line supervisor of personal service workers, and Vocational education teacher.
- Students who complete the course in this college earn the right of taking the California State Board of Cosmetology licensing exam for estheticians.
- The esthetics program is available for full-time and part-time as well.
Course Duration: Self Paced
Some Other Good Online Courses for Medical Estheticians
1. Medical Esthetics Certification Program by the National Laser Institute
This is a comprehensive course that covers a wide range of topics including laser hair removal, skin rejuvenation, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and much more.
2. Medical Esthetician Certification by the American Association of Aesthetics Medicine and Surgery
This is a self-paced course that provides students with the knowledge and skills required to work in a medical spa or clinic.
3. Online Medical Esthetician Program by the Aesthetics Institute of Massachusetts
This is a 600-hour program that includes both theoretical and practical training in areas such as skin analysis, facial treatments, hair removal, and makeup application.
4. Esthetics Certification Online by the Skin Science Institute
This course covers the fundamentals of skin care and esthetics, as well as advanced techniques such as micro-needling and laser treatments.
5. Medical Esthetics Diploma by the International Beauty Institute
This program covers a wide range of topics including skin analysis, skin care treatments, hair removal, and makeup application.
6. Medical Aesthetics Academy
This online course offers a comprehensive curriculum in medical esthetics that includes topics such as skin analysis, laser hair removal, chemical peels, and more. The program is self-paced and includes online videos, course materials, and quizzes.
7. Online Medical Esthetician Program by the Skin Care School
This course covers a wide range of topics related to medical esthetics, including anatomy and physiology, skin analysis, facial treatments, hair removal, and makeup application. Students can access the course materials online at their own pace.
8. Medical Esthetician Certificate Program by the National Coalition of Estheticians
This program is designed for licensed estheticians who want to specialize in medical esthetics. The curriculum includes advanced treatments such as micro-needling, chemical peels, and laser therapies.
9. Medical Esthetics Certification by the International Academy of Esthetics
This online course provides students with the knowledge and skills required to work in medical spas or clinics. Topics covered include skin analysis, facial treatments, laser therapies, and more.
10. Medical Esthetician Certificate Program by the National Laser Institute
This program is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge required to work in medical esthetics. It includes theoretical and practical training in areas such as laser hair removal, skin rejuvenation, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels.
FAQs on 12 Best Medical Esthetician Online Courses:
1. Name some Online Esthetician Courses available.
Some available online esthetician courses are:
- Beauty Therapy & Makeup (International Career Institute)
- Paramedical Esthetics Online Course (CIAE)
- Dermatology: Trip to Skin (Coursera)
- Starting your business in Medical Aesthetics (Udemy)
- Diploma in Beauty Technician – Level 3 (Global Edu Link)
2. Can you take online classes for estheticians?
Yes, nowadays we can take online classes in esthetics but you need hands-on experience to learn it properly.
3. What are the objectives of the medical esthetician program?
Some of the objectives of the medical esthetician program are:
- Skin analysis.
- Body treatments.
- Cosmetic massages.
- Manicures & Pedicures.
- Make-up applications.