Logistics services involve coordinating and managing the movement of raw material, goods, people, and supplies. People often think of logistics services as inventory management. But it’s more than ordering, storing, and transporting products and resources. Effective logistics services include coordinating service providers, transportation management, some business administration, budget planning, and a host of other complex tasks. Organizations that specialize in logistics services can include major shipping companies or materials suppliers. And a logistics specialist is central to making it all work. That person makes sure that no piece of the supply chain breaks down.
List of The Best Logistics Coordinator Online Courses
1. Certified Logistics Coordinator Course
This Logistic Coordinator Course facilitates the learners and their sponsored organizations in communicating and executing supply chain strategies for organizational growth and profit maximization. This course sets the preliminary standards for certification. This course offers a chance for learners to master in best practices of supply chain management and make them distinctive among the industry experts in the logistics management field with a high degree of knowledge and skills.
- Mastering the essential techniques to accomplish global supply chain activities, including suppliers, strategies, wholesalers, and customers around the world
- Obtaining the knowledge and skill needed to generate steadiness and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology, and corporate communication
- A better understanding of effective use of enterprise resource planning systems and other technologies to upgrade the entire supply chain process
- By increasing the value of the organization’s ERP investments by millions of dollars
- Boost professional value to secure the future
Course Duration: 5 days
2. Logistics Management– GreatLearning
In this course, we’ll start with an introduction to logistics management, where we’ll explore the fundamental principles of the field and examine the key roles and responsibilities of logistics managers. From there, we’ll move on to the topic of logistic network design, where we’ll delve into the complex world of supply chain management and explore the different types of logistics networks that organizations can use to optimize their operations. We’ll also cover the benefits of logistics management, including improved efficiency, reduced costs, and better customer service, as well as the different categories of logistics management, such as inbound logistics, outbound logistics, and reverse logistics. Additionally, we’ll look at the key elements of logistics, including transportation, inventory management, and warehousing, and examine the different factors that can influence the design of a logistic network.
- Introduction to Logistcs Management
- Elements of Logistics
- Logistic Network Design
- 7Rs of Logistics Management
Course Duration: 1.5 hours
3. Logistics Fundamentals
In this online course you will gain a holistic view of logistics and transportation within your company, which is useful to understand how a company can thing strategically thanks to basic but essential content.
All throughout this course on logistics you will explore topics such as: management processes, outsourcing and logistic suppliers, through the strengthening of knowledge which will allow you to reach the educational purposes of this course week after week.
- Competencies for knowledge: you will understand the basic concepts of logistics and its main components
- Competencies for doing: you will be able to apply basic concepts of logistics in your daily life while achieving better results
- Competencies for being: you will understand how logistics play an impactful role in the company, people’s daily life and processes.
Course Duration: 5 weeks (4-7 hours/week)
4. Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Supply chain management deals with the logistics of the flow of goods and services from suppliers to consumers. It includes a number of stages such as procurement, storage, transportation and distribution, and requires a variety of skills including supply and demand estimation and forecasting, operations planning, financial planning, negotiation, technical, and IT.
The Logistics and Supply Chain Management diploma program, with courses delivered online, is designed to prepare students to succeed in and excel in this field. This industry sector is one of the largest employers in Canada, with close to a million people in occupations directly related to it. Supply chain management is expected to steadily grow in the future offering tens of thousands of new positions every year.
- Bring goods to market on a global scale
- Deal with risk and uncertainty in supply chains
- Implement the major components of sourcing
- Decipher the structure and regulations of transportation
- Apply real-life planning and control techniques
- Identify core business processes and transactions pertaining to supply chain management
Course Duration: 48 weeks
5. Logistics Management: International Transport & Shipping
This practical, beginners course prepares you with the fundamentals of Logistics Management & International Trade: specifically, your first freight/cargo transportation – international or domestic. Air, Sea or Land.
This course is for importers / exporters, freight transporters, and the new or aspiring supply chain, inventory & operations manager. Also ideal for, Amazon FBA entrepreneurs, drop-shippers, small retail owners or private labellers.
- How to Import / Export your first shipment (Air , Land & Sea)
- Logistics and Transportation as part of your Supply Chain Management
- Overview of all the steps and timeline for a typical international freight transportation
- Prepare your shipment – key things you need to know to avoid delay, fees, and ensure a smooth transit
- Should you ship FCL or LCL…
- How to decide if to ship by Air vs Sea – calculate the value of time saved
- Incoterms – FOB, EXW, DDP etc. – essential international terminology to understand your quote and responsibilities
- Selecting and Working with Freight Forwarders and 3PL
Course Duration: 3 hours
6. International Logistics
This ExpertTrack from Coventry University will help you develop your skills and knowledge of international logistics.You’ll discover the key pillars of the process and delve into the physical distribution channels used to deliver goods in industrial and retail contexts.You’ll also explore planning at a strategic level and learn how to determine the best logistics processes for your business
- Identify and describe a range of logistics practices applied across different industries and national contexts
- Examine the implications of an inventory holding and replenishment policy when considering other logistics functions and business constraints
- Evaluate and select an appropriate transport mode strategy for an organisation, considering both national and international distribution requirements
Course Duration: 10 weeks (5 hours/week)
7. Diploma of Logistics
Logistics professionals sit at the heart of modern business and are responsible for the management of the flow of goods and services from origin to consumption, as well as meeting customer requirements.
With workplace-based assessments and course content designed for around the modern working environment, we strive to get you job-ready, competent, confident and qualified to succeed in your Logistics Career.
- Explain chain of responsibility features in the HVNL, state policies, monitoring chain of responsibility workplace policies and procedures
- Be able to read and interpret logistic schedules, inventories
- Develop workplace operation procedures
- Understand procedures for hazardous situations, warehouse operating systems, codes of practices, storage requirements for inventory, technology information systems and procedures
- Understand quality management systems and risk management
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with suppliers and all relevant stakeholders
- Understand the processes in each aspect of the supply chain
Course Duration: 12 months
8. Blockchain And Business
Blockchain will bring about profound changes to business, and even to the nature of business itself. This technology will disrupt how enterprises are funded and managed, how they create value, and even how they perform basic functions like marketing and accounting. In this course you will learn how blockchain technology will penetrate into the structures of organizations. You will explore how blockchain will transform the roles of the C-Suite, and how a blockchain can be used to manage and protect intellectual property. You will be able to identify the different layers of the blockchain technology stack, and explain how these affect the governance of blockchain systems. As well, you will be able to identify seven qualities that a region in the world needs in order to attract technology startups and to build a vibrant blockchain ecosystem
- Explain how blockchain technology will transform business structures, roles, and functions
- Describe seven new blockchain business models
- Identify some strategic approaches to managing intellectual property with blockchain technologies
- Identify the layers comprising the blockchain technology stack, and describe how each of these affects the governance of a blockchain ecosystem
Course Duration: 28 hours
9. Logistics And Global Supply Chain Management
The Logistics and Global Supply Chain Management certificate provides students with the knowledge and abilities to apply individual technical skills for an entry-level position.
- Explain logistics/supply chain terms. Explain the total supply chain management and function in distribution
- Demonstrate understanding of technological factors of logistics in international trade
- Apply forecasting techniques to various facets of supply chain management.
- Solve transportation problems utilizing knowledge of world geography and the transportation system.
Course Duration: Self Paced
10. Supply Chain Management
In today’s hypercompetitive market space, supply-side commoditization and demand-side customization is the challenge faced by many organizations. So how can a Corporate meet this expectation of a customer that is you?The experience of successful brands indicates that they integrate business processes of demand management and supply chain management to the customer lifecycle. So, supply chain management is a core activity that has a high impact on efficiency and productivity in an organization.
- Designing supply chain strategies.
- Recognizing supply chain integration to support products in the various product lifecycle.
- Balancing logistics, manufacturing, and inventory policies with demand and customer satisfaction.
- Leveraging organizational capabilities and resources across supply chain business processes.
- Designing lean but agile supply chains that integrate green initiatives.
- Implementing e-supply chain management systems.
Course Duration: 40 hours
11. Supply Chain Logistics
In this introductory Supply Chain Logistics course, I will take you on a journey to this fascinating backbone of global trade. We cover the three major building blocks of logistics networks: transportation, warehousing, and inventory. After completing this course, you will be able to differentiate the advantages and disadvantages of different modes of transportation. You will understand what goes into designing and setting up a warehousing facility.. You do not need to have any background in logistics, but it would be beneficial if you had a basic understanding of business concepts.
- This is an introductory course designed to provide you with a start on your learning journey in logistics
- Able to select the options that enable you to develop logistics networks, that minimize costs and deliver top customer service
Course Duration: 8 hours
12. Transport And Logistics
The transport and Logistics diploma offer greater insight into understanding modern transport and logistics system within the supply chains. Getting Transport and Logistics diploma will enable you to have a new career in Transport and Logistic sector.
- Understanding Logistics and Supply chain
- Supply Chain Management
- Role of Logistics in Supply Chain
- Fundamentals of Forecasting and Operations
- Understanding Inventory Management
- Essentials of Procurement
- Fundamentals of Logistics Strategies and Operations
Course Duration: 4 weeks