Licensed Practical Nurses(LPNs) act as assistants to doctors and physicians and take care of the basic duties of a nurse in health environments such as hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and care facilities. Practical nurses require to have immense communication and interpersonal skills to interact and provide care to patients daily. Licensed Practical Nurses need to have basic knowledge about nursing skills, patient care, obstetric care, and geriatric nursing skills to work efficiently in their profession.
Licensed Practical Nurses have an average annual salary of $48,500 and tend to make the most in nursing healthcare facilities and healthcare providers. Moreover, you can advance to becoming a Registered Nurse(RN) to further specialize in the field of nursing through several LPN-RN courses.
List of Best Licensed Practical Nurse Courses and Certificate Programs
If you are looking to become a certified Licensed Practical Nurse, then here are the best-licensed practical nurse courses and certified programs that you can find online.
1. Practical Nursing e-Degree: Lake Area Technical College
This hybrid course will help you to learn to make use of the latest modern technology at the critical and direct level of patient care. The curriculum of this course will help you to develop essential skills for providing high-quality obstetrical, pediatric, medical, psychiatric, and surgical care and will help you to develop technology skills and computer equipment capabilities.
- Gain an e-Degree from an accredited college.
- Course accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing(ACEN).
- Gain practical skills for employing the latest medical technology for proper patient care.
- Learn to become responsible, compassionate, and motivated to help people.
- Learn to ensure a high standard of care.
Course Duration: 22 months
2. Nursing: Maysville Community and Technical College
This course will help you to learn about essential nursing skills and will help you to apply it skills in practice in a variety of real-world environments. This Associate Degree Nursing Program will help you to become an expert in providing and managing patient care. Moreover, by the end of this course, you will have become eligible to appear for the National Council Licensure Examination(NCLEX-PN).
- A graduate course from an accredited university.
- Learn about the fundamental definition of nursing.
- Develop essential patient care skills to develop value in the field.
- Opens career opportunities to child care centres, educational facilities, physician’s offices, and hospitals.
- Utilizes LPN to RN Online method of delivery.
Course Duration: Self Paced
3. Nursing (Licensed Practical Nurse): State Fair Community College
This Missouri State Board of Nursing-approved course will help you to develop the necessary professionalism, communication, and interpersonal skills necessary for working as a nurse in real-life settings. Moreover, this course will help you discover the advantages of working as a nurse and allows you to seamlessly integrate this course with the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Program.
- The course provides a hybrid delivery system for this course.
- Learn about the fundamentals of clinical nursing and adult care coordination.
- An MSBN-approved course.
- Learn how nurses can have careers in health departments, doctor’s offices, hospices, schools, the military, and many other fields.
- Gain communication and interpersonal skills.
Course Duration: 1 year
4. Practical Nursing (Licensed Practical Nurse Track): Rasmussen University
This diploma course will help you to gain a clear understanding of the principles of various aspects of Nursing and will help you to gain practical nursing skills that you can utilize in your practice as a safe licensed practical nurse. Further, this course will help you to develop extensive hands-on clinical training by the end of this diploma course.
- Gain a detailed understanding of nursing in general and develop essential critical thinking skills by dealing with real-world scenarios.
- Gain clinical exposure through this course.
- Gain the necessary technical knowledge to be able to confidently appear for the NCLEX-PN exam and become a confident LPN.
- Learn to develop compassionate patient care skills through real-world partnerships with the university.
- Learn from experienced faculty and leaders in the field.
Course Duration: 1 year
5. Practical Nursing Diploma: Saint Paul College
This course will help you to develop the required technical knowledge and practical skills to work professionally and efficiently as a licensed practical nurse. This online course will help you to learn about the various aspects of nursing including therapeutic and preventive nursing care, direct patient care, the nursing process, and interpersonal communication.
Further, this course will provide you with the opportunity to work in real-world settings with actual presence in the hybrid form.
- Learn about the basics of nursing.
- Gain a diploma in practical nursing from an accredited university.
- Opens a large number of employment opportunities upon graduating from this course.
- Develop the necessary technical knowledge to confidently appear for the NCLEX-PN exam.
- Learn about the various roles and responsibilities of a nurse in a variety of settings.
- Gain observation, critical thinking, decision-making, and communication skills.
Course Duration: 6 months
6. Practical Nursing Diploma: Northland Community and Technical College
This course will help you to gain the training and skills necessary to work as a licensed practical nurse and will help you to discover the various fields in which the demand for licensed practical nurses is high. The curriculum of this course will allow you to gain practical experience in a large range of environmental settings including that clinics and hospitals. Moreover, this course will help you to enhance your critical thinking skills.
- Gain the technical knowledge and skills to confidently appear in the National Council Literature Exam for the Practical Nurse(NCLEX-PN).
- Learn about basic nursing concepts.
- Learn about the psychosocial aspect of nursing.
- Gain knowledge about the anatomy and physiology of the body.
- Learn about essential medical terminology.
- Learn about the responsibilities of a practical nurse.
Course Duration: Self Paced
7. Practical Nursing Certificate: Western Wyoming Community College
This hybrid course accredited by the ACEN will help you to develop both the practical skills and theoretical knowledge required for providing the best nursing care. Moreover, the curriculum of this will allow you to help discover the various specializations in nursing and will help you to understand the career demand in the world.
- Pause uses simulation mannequins and technology which will help you to practice the complex aspects of Nursing in a controlled environment.
- Gain confidence and knowledge to appear for the licensing exam.
- A hybrid course with online theoretical material and clinical lab work or practicals.
- Develop essential communication skills and develop compassion
- Course accredited by the ACEN.
Course Duration: 3 years 6 months
8. Practical Nursing Diploma: Distance Minnesota
This hybrid online course offered by the Northland Community College will help you to gain a practical hands-on experience in nursing by allowing you to attend clinical sessions and individual clinical days meetings. Moreover, this course will help you to gain the relevant knowledge and skills necessary for conducting invasive nursing therapies.
- Course in pre-accreditation stated by the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation.
- Course approved by Minnesota Board of Nursing.
- Learn about the fundamental rules and responsibilities of a nurse.
- Learn about invasive nursing fees and how to conduct them.
- The course provides access to clinical meetings to equip you with practical skills in real-life situations.
Course Duration: 1 year
9. Practical Nursing: Highland Community College
The curriculum of this 9-month course will help you to develop the attitudes, technical skills and knowledge to be able to appear for the National Licensure Examination. Through this course, you will be able to learn about your responsibilities in a variety of clinical settings including doctors’ offices, hospitals, and care facilities. Upon completing this course, you will have the choice of continuing with the Registered Nurse Course.
- Learn to develop the relevant skills and technical knowledge necessary to work in the nursing field.
- Explore the various aspects of nursing.
- Learn about nursing in general and become confident to appear in the NCLEX-PX examination.
- Learn about the various environments in settings that demand highly skilled nurses.
- Learn about human anatomy and physiology.
- Course approved by Kansas State Board of Nursing.
Course Duration: 9 months
10. Certificate of Applied Science: Practical Nursing Program – Great Falls College
This one-year certificate quotes on practical nursing I will help you to develop the technical knowledge and practical experience to successfully and properly work as a licensed practical nurse. Moreover, the course material is competency-based and focuses on training you and allowing you to develop a clear understanding of the skills and values necessary to join the nursing workforce after passing the licensure exam.
- The course requires you to have a computer and Office 365.
- Develop relevant practical experience necessary to work as a practical nurse.
- Allows you to gain the technical knowledge and theoretical understanding necessary for passing the NCLEX-PN examination.
- Course material can be accessed through electronic devices (both PC and mobile.
Course Duration: 1 year
11. Practical Nursing Diploma: Saskatchewan Polytechnic
This hybrid course will help you to develop nursing skills that will allow you to become a competent nurse who can have a significant positive effect on the health of your patients. In this two-year diploma program, you will be able to learn about the various areas in which practical nurses can build careers such as in long-term care, community care, and acute hospital care. By the end of this course, you will have become capable to apply nursing knowledge, theory, and skills to professionally work as a practical nurse.
- The course consists of 6 semesters.
- Learn about the anatomy and physiology of the human body.
- Learn about the fundamental principles of health.
- Learn about pharmacology.
- Learn to assess health through lifespan and to provide rehabilitative care.
- Learn about medical and surgical care.
Course Duration: 2 months