Knowledge management is the process of creating that knowledge and then sharing and using it through a cohesive system. A knowledge management system ensures that an organization’s knowledge base is never compromised by turnover, loss, or continued evolution of the organization itself. A knowledge management strategy informs decision-making for the entire organization. It’s vital that the knowledge assets remain protected and more importantly, consistent as the company moves forward.
The knowledge base is so valuable that huge companies now have resources and teams dedicated to this concept. Knowledge management efforts began in the form of things like apprenticeships, professional training, and mentorship.
List of The Best Knowledge Management Online Courses
1. Knowledge Management
Understanding how to manage the knowledge within your organization is the key to business success. Mismanagement of organizational knowledge comes with a price: frustrated employees, angry customers, and decreased productivity. All of these things can affect a business’s bottom line. The purpose behind knowledge management is to help us bridge organizational gaps and to use our greatest asset (our knowledge) to take our business performance to the next level. The theory of knowledge management has emerged to help us harness and enhance both the individual and collective brain power of our businesses. This course will introduce you to knowledge management tips, techniques, and proven processes.
- Define knowledge and knowledge management.
- Explain the difference between explicit and tacit knowledge.
- Identify various knowledge management theoretical models.
- Explain how a properly implemented knowledge management program can improve efficiency.
- Describe the steps for employing a new knowledge management program in an organization.
- Identify the required components for implementing a knowledge management framework within an organization.
Course Duration: 4 hours
2. Knowledge Management Tools for SMEs
The course on KM tools for SMEs will consist of eight sections and 24 lectures. The first section will serve as an introduction to the course including a short presentation concerning the course layout and the course objectives. Moreover, the first section shall give a general overview of the area of KM and various KM toolsets. After the lectures of the first section, a quiz has to be taken to test the basic concepts of KM toolkits.
- At the end of this course, the participants shall be aware of the various KM tools that exist
- Understand, evaluate and apply these tools to the daily routine
Course Duration: 1.1 hours
3. Knowledge Management- Udemy
Knowledge Management (KM) comprises a range of strategies and practices used by an organization to identify, create, represent, distribute, and enable adoption of insights and experiences. Such insights and experiences comprise knowledge, either embodied in individuals or embedded in organizational processes or practice.
This course will discuss the history and the different aspects of Knowledge Management. This module will also discuss Knowledge Organization and its history, the definition of Knowledge Market, the different concepts of Knowledge Management and the different real samples of Knowledge Management.
- Understand Knowledge Management.
- Know the history and different aspects of Knowledge Management.
- Understand the definition and history of Knowledge Organization.
- Be introduced to the Knowledge Market.
- Understand the different Knowledge Management concepts.
- Be aware of the different examples of Knowledge Management.
Course Duration: 3.5 hours
4. Knowledge Management Certification Training Course
A knowledge management strategy ensures that the knowledge assets remain protected and more importantly, consistent as the company continues to evolve. Companies have now begun investing in data management systems and dedicated teams to protect their intellectual capital. By choosing to invest in this course, your organisation would be able to gain a competitive edge in the marketplace. This course on Knowledge Management by ZOE Talent Solutions will ensure that the relevant information remains with the organisation in the VUCA world in the years to come. This will also provide the organisation with the knowledge and skills to lead successful, real-world KM initiatives.
- Ensure that the company has complete and accurate information for easy and instant decision-making at any point in time
- Ensure that all employees have a clear and common understanding of this function
- Prepares the company to be competitive in the ever-changing world of business
- Ensure Continual Effectiveness in the marketplace
Course Duration: Self Paced
5. Knowledge Management And Big Data in Business
In this course, the following topics and more are covered: What is knowledge management?, How is knowledge captured, elicited, organized and created in business?, Managing knowledge at the enterprise, SMBs and personal levels, Digitalisation and its impact on the workplace, collaborations and new value creation, What is big data and how can we use data analytics from a laymen’s perspective? What is Open Linked Data and how can it support machine reasoning?, How can new knowledge be mined from big data? The Cloud as a canvas for service design and business model re-invention. The course is offered by the Knowledge Management and Innovation Research Center (KMIRC) of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Understand the role of Knowledge Management (KM) practitioners in creating business value
- Become familiar with the techniques and tools for capturing, processing, classifying and organizing knowledge
- How to analyze large quantities of data and information through analytics
- How to use Cloud Services to derive new values and business models
- Understand the role of social media and technologies in innovating new business services
- Apply the principles you have learnt to company-based business projects
Course Duration: 8 weeks (6-8 hours/week)
6. Knowledge Management- Open Learning
A great myth about knowledge is that knowledge resides in books or documents. What resides in a book or a document does not constitute knowledge any more than the musical notes on a score sheet constitute music. What reside in a book are mere codifications and representations, and even when they are decoded would still constitute information and not knowledge.
- Characteristics of knowledge & knowledge sharing
- Auditing Knowledge
- Building knowledge networks
- Corporate Knowledge Management
- Knowledge Management Tools
Course Duration: 20 hours
7. Fundamentals of Knowledge Management
Learn knowledge management strategy, processes, components, best practices and tools for capturing and refining knowledge assets. Understand in what forms knowledge exists, and create and share processes to meet organizational goals. The course is designed to equip UN staff with enhanced skills in applying knowledge management tools and techniques in the UN context.
- Describe a range of skills, methods and techniques to enhance individual and collective performance in developing programmes and delivering sustainable and effective results;
- Give examples of how knowledge management can boost individual and collective effectiveness in their particular context, as well as from an organization’s perspective;
- Identify “quick wins” and use appropriate knowledge management techniques to foster dialogue and collaboration,
- Identify good practices and facilitate access to pockets of knowledge within their respective context.
Course Duration: 4 months
8. Personal Knowledge Management with The Brain Software
In the course, you’ll get introduced to the importance of and the literature surrounding PKM. You’ll see some of the many ways that TheBrain software is being used for personal knowledge management by individuals and organizations. And you’ll see how easy to use and powerful TheBrain software is. The course is intended for anyone from high school on up interested in utilizing personal knowledge management to be more productive in their personal and professional lives.
- Understand the value of personal knowledge management in today’s world
- Know where to dig deeper into personal knowledge management
- Know how to get started with TheBrain software
- Understand the many ways that people use TheBrain software
Course Duration: 2 hours
9. Learn How to Strategize Investments in Digital Transformation
This program is designed to help managers and consultants from a non-technical background decide where to invest and design their digital transformation strategies in connected, networked societies, and develop smart products, services, and systems in manufacturing, logistics, transportation, engineering, businesses, education and the home. Most learners who took the two MOOCs that form part of this program had backgrounds in product development, engineering, research, human resources, IT, logistics, and corporate planning.
- The power of 21st-century digitalized networks
- To leverage data, knowledge and the right expertise to excel.
- To develop smart services, systems and products.
- To use the Cloud as a canvas for orchestrating services, innovation and collaborations.
Course Duration: 4 months (6-8 hours/week)
10. Knowledge management- Courses for Success
The Knowledge management certification course will teach you how to tap into and leverage this valuable asset. Perhaps the most untapped resource within most organisations is the existing knowledge base contained within the organization. The Encarta dictionary defines knowledge management as the organization of intellectual resources and information systems within a business environment. While the definition makes the process seem simple, having a system capable of accessing and managing all available information is quite a challenge. The knowledge management online course will equip you with the skills and know-how required to begin implementing a knowledge management system. Once you’ve completed the knowledge management course you will be able to confidently implement a knowledge management system regardless of the size of the business or budgetary considerations.
Furthermore, the knowledge gained from knowledge management training courses can be applied in all business situations. Wherever humans work cooperatively together with a common purpose, there is knowledge to harvest, store, and dispense as and when required.
- Appreciate as is required to build a knowledge management rationale for your organization or business
- Understand how to modify and adapt knowledge management definitions where required
- Be able to recognize the steps required to implement knowledge management within your organization
- Identify tips for successful implementation
- Appreciate the advanced themes and subjects in knowledge management
Course Duration: 6-8 hours
11. Building Efficient & Sustainable Knowledge Management System
This course Building Efficient & Sustainable Knowledge Management System is designed for small and growing enterprises with an overview and practical guides in setting up and managing an efficient and sustainable knowledge management system for small and growing enterprises. The course outlines and content has been carefully chosen and tailored to suit the target audience and are easy to implement. The course is suitable for HR practitioners, business consultants, aspiring and existing entrepreneurs, students, and business managers.
- This course is designed to help you understand the different types of knowledge and Knowledge Management (KM).
- You will have an in-depth understanding of KM processes and tools.
- Identify pitfalls in KM and appreciate best practices.
- Ultimately, this course aims to equip and empower you to develop a comprehensive KM structure/program•
- Understand types of knowledge and knowledge management system application.
- Understand knowledge loss, knowledge retention and knowledge retention cycle
Course Duration: 2 hours
12. Knowledge Management Course
The Encarta Dictionary defines knowledge management as the organization of intellectual resources and information systems within a business environment. Sounds pretty simple, right? Take a moment, though, and think about all the information that each person has in their brain. That’s a lot of knowledge!
The Knowledge Management course will give you the tools that you will need to begin implementing knowledge management in your organization, no matter what the size of the company or the budget. Wherever there are humans working together for one goal, there is knowledge to be harvested, stored, and dispensed as needed.
- Understand the basic concept of knowledge management (KM)
- Identify the do’s and don’ts of KM
- Identify the KM life cycle
- Understand how to build a KM rational for your company
- Understand how to customize KM definitions
- Identify the steps to implementing KM in your organization
- Understand the advance topics in KM
Course Duration: 10 hours