The objective of kitchen management is to lead, organize and control the means of production and service of food. To manage a kitchen, the kitchen manager/chef de cuisine should have practical knowledge and should have the ability to organize labour and delegate the responsibility to appropriate staff who communicate well. The maintenance and cleaning of the machines is their responsibility.
This process or plan identifies the precise steps for the task type of food to be prepared and served, number and size of portions, time taken for food service, method of food service and presentation, and location for food service. For example, Banquet room, Dining room, etc.
List of The Best Kitchen Management Online Courses
1. Restaurant Management – Human Resources Best Practices
Are you operating a restaurant? If so,
Then, look no further, this is the course for you. Now at a fraction of the cost, the information can be yours. You will save money in your restaurant by implementing these systems. And you will also simplify the operation and make it easier for you to manage the business.
You can’t keep doing the same things expecting different results. This system is what will create stability in your human resources. Invest and see the results quickly.
- Simplify the hiring process
- Start every employee right
- Maximize your employee ROI
- Reduce staff turnover in your restaurant
- Keep your best employees
- Motivate, coach and develop your team
- Make the scheduling process easier
Course Duration: 2 hours
2. Kitchen Management Course- John Academy
Regardless of whether you’re new to the business and want to explore the basics of kitchen management, or want to know the secrets to a well-run kitchen to advance your career, this course will enable you to enhance your professional knowledge and skills in kitchen operations management. Want to know what makes a great restaurant manager? You’ll be set up to look for work in a variety of settings, including eateries, school cafeterias, private enterprises, and establishments.
This kitchen management course introduces you to the fundamentals of kitchen management. Finally, you will be introduced to healthy eating habits and the secrets of outdoor cooking.
- Explore the key components that must be considered when planning a kitchen, from kitchen utensils to the different types of eatery and kitchen health and safety
- You will learn about food safety and the food handling process, such as the observance of proper hygiene codes and habits
- Find out about the work flow process, professional kitchen equipment and how this influences the kitchen plan and design
Course Duration: 1 year
3. Kitchen Management Certificate Course
Cooking can represent one’s soul when they put enough love into it, many even believe that it is the pathway to the soul. But who has time to go through the effort of preparing a good meal every day? Today’s busy lifestyle barely lets you have the time to defrost those cold peas before shoving them down your throat and running out the door. Well not to worry though, because this Kitchen Management Certificate Course will help you manage all your cooking related problems by helping you keep a well organized kitchen. Kitchen Management Certificate Course will help you find ways to save money by teaching you how to purchase your kitchen utilities smartly.
- Learn the cooking style for different occasions and from different locations.
- Understand how to complement different dishes
- Explain the difference between wanting something as opposed to really needing it
Course Duration: 1 day, 5 hours
4. Kitchen Management Certificate Level 6
The Kitchen Management Certificate makes it easy to take care of the kitchen when you do not have all the skills to rub it. You shall find that it is very hard for one to run a home kitchen and this is based on the way they have paled the budget and arranged for the meals. There are times when you do not know the type of food you want to cook, or the correct mode of presentation. There are different aspects that will constitute good Kitchen management abilities.
After the completion of this course, students will be awarded the Kitchen Management Certificate Level 6. Students will receive their certificates within 24 hours of the course completion. The course fee covers registration, learning materials, assessment and certification.
- Kitchen Management.
- Kitchen’s Operations.
- Planning & Organising the Kitchen.
- Food Safety & Sanitation.
- Kitchen’s Menu Planning & Development.
- Kitchen’s Purchasing Strategy.
Course Duration: 4-6 weeks
5. Introduction to Emerging Technologies in a Professional Kitchen
On this course, you’ll examine a range of technologies and how they can improve kitchen practice and management. You’ll discover how technology has influenced the equipment used in kitchens, and investigate the benefits and challenges of technology applications. With this knowledge, you’ll be able to assess your workplace’s needs and plan your own implementation.
- Brief history of kitchen technology.
- Benefit of adopting technology in the workplace.
- The IOT, Cloud Technology and Management Systems.
- Food Purchasing Systems and Inventory Control.
- Modern Cooking Technologies.
- Employee Management, Training and Development.
- Resource and Energy Management.
Course Duration: 2 weeks (3 hours/week)
6. The Ultimate Food And Restaurant Business Course
The Ultimate Food & Restaurant Business Course is aimed at those new to the hospitality business as well as those already operating restaurants, café & food stalls as well as sector investors. The course covers all the key building blocks for launching and running a successful restaurant business. The course will help you identify gaps in your knowledge and significantly improve your chance of success. Critically for you the course has been built by people who know the restaurant business backwards and have been there, done it and got the t shirt!
- How POS, reservations systems and other software can make you more money & provide invaluable data.
- Optimal menu design, menu engineering and GP’s both in theory and practice.
- What to consider in choosing a location, what’s in a lease, and preparing a landlord pack.
- The customer and service journey and why it is important to map these.
- The importance of branding & marketing together with social media & websites.
- Why the mantra “Tax Is Not Yours” is essential.
- Start-up costs and overheads including a comprehensive list.
Course Duration: 4 hours
7. Become a Master Chef: Online Course in Cooking And Kitchen Management
From the fundamentals of cooking to knife skills, recipe creation, and food presentation, you’ll learn everything you need to know to become a successful chef.
You’ll discover the world of different cuisines, their unique ingredients, and how they’re made. You’ll also delve into key topics in kitchen administration, such as menu planning, kitchen hygiene, and inventory control. In addition, the training will impart essential knowledge about food safety laws and the critical importance of food safety in the kitchen.
Learn the basics of cooking and hone your culinary skills. Also, get a solid understanding of key topics in kitchen administration. By enrolling in this course, you will gain knowledge of how to run a successful restaurant. You will also learn to create delicious and unique recipes to impress your customers.
- Understand the fundamentals of cooking and the various culinary techniques.
- Knowledge of numerous cuisines, ingredients, and preparation techniques
- Create and make a variety of foods
- Consider the significance of rules governing food safety and kitchen hygiene.
- Identify meal planning and inventory management
- Distinguish kitchen management and how to guide a kitchen crew.
- Learn how to develop and calculate the cost of recipes.
- Knowledge of effective cost-cutting measures for the kitchen
- Analyse and comprehend current culinary trends, then plan your meals appropriately.
- Acknowledge how crucial sustainability is in the kitchen.
Course Duration: 600 hours
8. Food And Beverage Management
In this certificate program, you’ll learn key concepts, strategies, and practical skills necessary for managing, owning, and operating a successful restaurant, bar, or other food and beverage business. Develop confidence in your ability to manage your business’s finances and learn key operational functions like menu design, income statement analysis, pricing, margin analysis, supply chain management, guest service processes, and employee engagement and performance.
This program includes a year of free access to Symposium! These events feature several days of live, highly participatory virtual Zoom sessions with Cornell faculty and experts to explore the Hospitality industry’s most pressing topics. Symposium events are held several times throughout the year. Once enrolled in your program, you will receive information about upcoming events.
- Evaluate and design menus that will improve your customer satisfaction and profitability
- Optimize your selection, procurement, receiving, storage, and inventory management processes
- Define, measure, and improve the guest experience
- Analyze your income statement to make informed decisions and optimize your operational processes
- Reduce costs and improve quality, productivity, guest satisfaction, and profitability
Course Duration: 2 weeks(3-5 hours/week)
9. Cloud Kitchen Startup Blue-Print
Cloud Kitchen is often misconceived as a home delivery business and Cloud Kitchen aspirants invest in the business without understanding the base of it.For beginners – from billing, kitchen management to stock management and CRM – connect the dots in every function of a cloud kitchen. This event is a detailed Masterclass for all the Cloud Kitchen owners and aspirants to understand the fundamentals of the industryTo understand the big picture in the Cloud Kitchen Business.
- Step-by-Step Guide to Starting a Cloud Kitchen Startup without any prior Background in the Hospitality Industry
- Know how to start a Cloud Kitchen Business in less than 10 days
- Know where to go to start a Cloud Kitchen business
- Compliances to list of aggregator platforms
- Budget Blue-print for Cloud Kitchen Planning
- Staff Blue-print for Cloud Kitchen Planning
- Launching Strategy to Make Money from Day 1
Course Duration: 2 hours
10. Food Safety And Personal Hygiene in a Professional Kitchen
Food safety and hygiene practices are easy to implement once you know how. This course will take you through all aspects of kitchen conduct including presentation in the kitchen, handwashing, and illness or injury.
You’ll then learn the different ways that you can maintain a safe environment, from how to receive and store all types of food hygienically, to how to prepare, cook, hold, and serve food safely. This course will also cover COVID-19 and how the current pandemic affects food safety procedures.
- Introduction to food safety
- Why does food safety matter?
- Importance of food safety.
- Food safety facts
- Importance of personal hygiene
- Kitchen dress code and hygiene rules
Course Duration: 2 weeks (2 hours/week)
11. Diploma in Food Safety- Alison
Ensure proper staff hygiene and pest prevention with the food safety practices taught in this free online course. This free online food safety course will teach you proper food handling practices that will protect your food-service operation. As many as 582 million people experience food-borne diseases every year. Hence, food safety is extremely important to food-related businesses of any size. This course will ensure when working with food, you are able to prevent foodborne illness, contamination, allergic reactions and the spread of disease.
- Manage systems for good personal hygiene
- Control food allergens and food hazards within the business
- Maintain an effective incident management system
- Explain the characteristics of poorly constructed water wells
- Design and operate a system to minimize the risk of pest-infestation in both product and facility
- Follow safe practices in food preparation areas to avoid accidents
- Understand the role and influence the manager has on the rest of the food safety operation team
Course Duration: 15-20 hours
12. SIT40521 – Certificate IV in Kitchen Management
On successful completion of the course, students will receive SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management. The outcome of this course is to guide students to become competent in, skills and knowledge required for chefs and cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
Course Duration: 78 weeks