Title: Java, Java, Java: Object-Oriented Problem Solving, Third Edition.
Author: Ralph Morelli and Ralph Walde.
License: CC 3.0
This book for Java is suitable for a typical Introduction to Computer Science (CS1) course or for a slightly more advanced Java as a Second Language course.
This edition retains the “objects first” approach to programming and problem solving that was characteristic of the first two editions. Throughout the text we emphasize careful coverage of Java language features, introductory programming concepts, and object-oriented design principles.
The features of this book are:
• Early Introduction of Objects
• Emphasis on Object Oriented Design (OOD)
• Unified Modeling Language (UML) Diagrams
• Self-study Exercises with Answers
• Programming, Debugging, and Design Tips.
• From the Java Library Sections
• Object-Oriented Design Sections
• End-of-Chapter Exercises
• Companion Web Site, with Power Points and other Resources