If you’re looking for the answer to how to learn CSS fast and free, you are at right place.
It’s 2020 and If you want to up-skill a bit this year, then learning CSS is something you would like to master rather than hack away at.
CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheet and the good thing about this web language is you can build some pretty things using CSS alone.
But before moving on how to learn CSS, let’s look into the prerequisites.
- What are the Prerequisites for Learning CSS?
How to Learn CSS Fast – The 2020 Way
- 1. W3 Schools – Learn Basic to Advanced CSS
- 2. Tutorials Point – Learn Complete CSS for Free
- 3. CSS Basics by edX
- Here’s is what you will learn in this CSS course:
- 4. Basic to Advanced CSS Tutorial by Java T Point
- 5. Learn CSS from Scratch (Free on Udemy)
- 6. Build Responsive Real World Websites with HTML5 and CSS3 (Udemy)
- Bonus – Free Code Camp
What are the Prerequisites for Learning CSS?
CSS is something you apply to something called HTML. HTML is used to make basic structure of a website and then CSS is applied to give that structure desired format, color, style and the list is long.
Taking an example, HTML is a car without paint, then you use CSS to give color, design, pattern and more.
Another example is below, a meme can be educational too.
No need to learn complete HTML in order to learn CSS; just learn. basic HTML and you’re good to start learning CSS
If you know basic HTML, all good. Or you want some good resources to get started with HTML, here are some of the best free online courses to learn HTML:
- HTML Tutorial – Tutorials Point
- W3 Schools – HTML Tutorial
- HTML and CSS for Beginners + Certificate (Free on Udemy)
- Basic to Advanced CSS Tutorial by Java T Point
- Learn CSS from Scratch (Free on Udemy)
- Build Responsive Real World Websites with HTML5 and CSS3 (Udemy)
How to Learn CSS Fast – The 2020 Way
Time is money, so how to learn CSS should not be the main question, instead how to learn CSS fast, practical and effectively.
CSS is probably the easiest thing to learn because you can test it live in the browser and can’t really get it wrong. Your site won’t crash if the styles aren’t correct.
I’d say just hunt around for things you like the look of, inspect the elements in your browser and copy the styles into your own site.
There is some stuff like IDs vs classes and getting specific with selectors that can take some time to get used to but all of that will become clear as you start to implement your own styles.
For me, the best way to learn CSS is by doing practice. And you can learn CSS from basic to advance from these websites for free of cost
1. W3 Schools – Learn Basic to Advanced CSS
The world’s largest web developer website is popular for many reasons. With excellent user experience and step by step topic presentation makes W3 Schools a soothing learning platform.
You can learn complete CSS for free of cost here. You can use inbuilt online editor and hundreds of examples to practice the code and check the result, all at one place.
No matter, you’re a beginner or intermediate in CSS, there is something for everyone here.
Optional: If you wish to get certified in CSS, you can complete the CSS course and pay $95 to get your CSS course completion certificate.
2. Tutorials Point – Learn Complete CSS for Free
Second most popular website to learn CSS on the list, tutorials point is the name almost every web developer knows.
With design and front end like the first one, tutorials point teaches you complete CSS and lets you practice CSS using inbuilt online CSS editor ‘coding ground’.
One of the best things about Tutorials Point is you can download the complete CSS tutorial in PDF version by paying a nominal fee of $9.99. Thanks to effective use of web technology.
3. CSS Basics by edX
Here’s is what you will learn in this CSS course:
– Step by step fundamentals of CSS
– Concept of CSS selectors and basic selection of CSS properties
– Best CSS practices in web designing and development industry
– How to design your website for your audience
You can start learning CSS anytime, for complete information on this course, syllabus and enrollment, visit the course link.
4. Basic to Advanced CSS Tutorial by Java T Point
5. Learn CSS from Scratch (Free on Udemy)
6. Build Responsive Real World Websites with HTML5 and CSS3 (Udemy)
Take me to this course Build Responsive Real World Websites with HTML5 and CSS3