Who doesn’t dream of studying abroad?
We all do. And we do it with passion, dedication and devotion, yet we fail. But why do we fail? It’s simple – the financial aid that we lack. And drop off the thoughts of going out, becoming something and contributing to the development of our nation.
However, new techniques and possibilities do not ever end. Similarly, learning how to fund your education abroad is another way of giving your dreams a chance. If you choose to learn the possibilities, rather than giving up, nobody can stop you from reaching the destination you set for yourself.
But then how? How do I fund my education abroad?
Well, what am I here for? Let me tell you how.
How To Fund Your Education Abroad?
Ever heard about the government giving student awards? Obviously, all of us have. But how many do you know? Just a scholarship right? Well, there are many and that’s why I am here to help you fund your education abroad with the top 6 ways.
Let’s see them in detail.
1. Student Loans
A student loan is one of the types of loans to help students fund their education. This type of loan’s policy or rules and regulations differ from country to country. And basically, the rate of interest is indeed lower to support oneself.
What are the types of student loans?
There are in general three types of student loans – Federal loans, Private loans and Refinance loans.
1. Federal Loans – Federal Loans are government loans that are considered to be more flexible than other loans. It allows the student to borrow the loan directly from the government.
In federal student loans, there are again certain types of loans – Direct Subsidized Loans, Direct Unsubsidized Loans, and Direct Plus Loans which are based on different policies as per the need of the student.
2. Private Student Loans – Private student loans are provided by private lenders. These lenders can be a bank, an online lender, a national bank, etc. However, to apply for private student loans you will require a good credit score and income proof which can be accompanied by somebody who will be a joint member responsible for the repayment of the loan.
On the other side, private loans will help you fund your higher education expenses as such enrolled in a post-graduation or graduation program.
The types of private loan are as follow –
- Bar Exam Loans
- International Student Loans
- Medical Student Loans
- student Loans For Bad Credits
- Student Loans without a Cosigner
- State Loans
- Credit Union Loans
3. Refinancing Student Loans – Students are allowed to refinance student loans after they have created a good payment history. In this type of loan, the qualified student is allowed to take a new loan that pays off his existing educational loans and the private lender schedules a new repayment and lower interest rate.
A scholarship is an educational reward provided by institutes, governments or organizations. The student is required to apply for the scholarship that suits his needs the best. However, for applying for the scholarship, the student is asked to write a scholarship essay according to the description mentioned by the scholarship provider. If the student stands perfect for financial aid, he/she is rewarded with a scholarship.
The types of scholarship include –
1. Merit Scholarships – Merit scholarships are generally rewarded by schools and institutes based on your performance, skills, scores, etc. Nonetheless, they do not provide scholarships based on your financial need, but on your grades.
2. Private Scholarships – Private scholarships are provided by the private sectors like businesses, organizations, clubs or agencies to help you fund your education. Then it may be during college, graduation or post-graduation program.
There are certain types of private scholarships –
- Local scholarships – Available for high school students.
- Regional scholarships are available for specific city, country or state students.
- National scholarships are available for the public online. That means for every student in the country.
- Workplace scholarships are provided to students whose parents work as employees.
How to apply for a scholarship?
- Do the research: Most important of all is to find the one that suits your requirement. No wonder there are many scholarships and different scholarship providers but finding the right one is quite time-consuming.
- Eligibility: If you find the one you are looking for or too many that suit your requirements, check whether you fit their requirements or not. In other words, check if you are eligible for the particular scholarship
- Go through the description thoroughly for it will help you in putting out your words to providers.
- Write scholarship essay: Since you have gone through the description thoroughly, now you know what is required to write a stand-out scholarship essay
- If required, go through sample scholarship essays that you would find easily on the internet.
- Include all required, appropriate information, references, and authentic data
- Save a copy of it to use for another scholarship form by reframing it according to the description
- Lastly, remember the last date to submit it to not miss the opportunity.
3. Student Grant
Student Grants are another way to fund your education abroad. Alike to scholarships, student grants are provided by the federal government and state governments and don’t require repayment. Basically, student grants are provided in accordance with financial needs or merit lists.
Here are the types of student grants –
- Merit Student Grants are provided to students whose performance in the school matches the policy of the fund providers. In general, merit students are provided with student grants to fund their education.
- Need-based student grants are provided by the government to students who are not financially well to fund their education.
- Similarly, there are other grants for women, minorities, individuals, etc.
4. Support Yourself
Supporting yourself generally means earning for yourself. Since you have completed a bit of your education, you can look for part-time work that would suit you the best and save the money you earn from it. Otherwise, you can do the work side by side and study as well to fund your education abroad.
There are many types of work that can be done part-time if you invest time in doing research for the place where you want to complete your education.
What is the type of work to support me?
1. Freelancing – Freelancing is a process of working for individuals or companies on demand, without permanent employment terms. It may include a duration for completion of work but doesn’t guarantee a full-time job. For example, a freelancing writer, freelancing artist, freelancing designer, etc
2. Internship – Internship is generally a process of learning by doing method. In this process, an individual works at a place or an organization under the supervision of an expert. He works as per the work assigned and gets paid accordingly, which continues for a period of two-three months at the most.
3. Part-time jobs – Part-time jobs are another way to earn a living and support yourself. For doing part-time jobs you can check on Google Maps, inquire about your surrounding, do the research on the internet and find the one that suits you and your institute.
4. Earn online – This is the best time to include earning online. Social media is the hype in everybody’s life. Selling something online, making videos, creating graphics, and writing content will help you earn a good amount monthly, but will require too much consistency and hard work to get the results.
5. Consider Family Support
Generally, when we look for ways to fund our education when we do not have enough financial aid or lack finance. In such times, we should consider close family members who may help us fund your education and assure them of repaying the amount as soon as possible.
Sponsorship is similar to asking for family support. You can look for people and close friends or family who would like to sponsor your education abroad. You can also do research on institutes and organizations that sponsor students’ education. But that will be again in the form of scholarships, loans or grants.
Lastly, education is the right way to build a career and to get an education, it’s equally important to give it some importance. We have covered the ways to help you fund your education abroad. It’s your duty now to do the remaining part and achieve all that you desire. Thank you.