1. General Management Program: Shaping The Future of Outstanding Leaders
Taking your organization and your career to the next level requires going beyond your field of expertise to gain an end-to-end view of the enterprise, an in-depth understanding of business operations, and a multidisciplinary approach to leadership.
The General Management Program (GMP) accelerates this leadership transition by blending full-time, personalized learning with practical application on the job—maximizing your learning and your return on investment.
- Considering global and industry forces when setting your organization’s strategic direction
- Building a creative culture that is open to change and digital connectivity
- Continuing to grow as an agile leader by building on powerful insights gained through professional coaching
- Formulating a detailed personal action plan to address your strategic and leadership challenges
- Building enduring bonds with accomplished peers who span functions, industries, and countries
Course Duration: Self Paced
2. General Management: Leadership And Functions of Management
The aim of this Course is to introduce the students to fundamental management principles and practices. In so doing, the Course explores the management theory and practices, the management environment, the management process as well as leadership.
When completing this course student should be able to ,demonstrate a thorough understanding of the function and practice of management, apply knowledge and skills in a multi-disciplinary way using management is very important for students to know, theories, principles and research methods. and finally Demonstrate in depth knowledge and insight of the economic and business environments.
- The overall outcome after completion, the student should be able to demonstrate an understanding of fundamental management issues.
- Develop the student’s understanding of the evolution of management theory.
Course Duration: 1 hour
3. General Management Program- edX
The General Management Program from SDA Bocconi School of Management is designed to enhance and develop your business intuition. It takes a holistic approach, focusing not only on today’s complex business environment but also on what managers need to be successful leaders. Through the power of self-leadership, you’ll gain the confidence and practical skills to unlock your potential, shift your perspective and evolve as an impactful manager. Through the use of cutting-edge research, dedicated live sessions with faculty and interactive learning aids, you’ll discover what it takes to motivate teams and help them excel.
- Built to enhance strategic, financial and problem-solving capabilities
- Gain the foundations of financial and management accounting
- Learn how to conduct a comprehensive strategic analysis of your organization – fundamental to making informed decisions that increase profits
Course Duration: 8 weeks (7-10 hours/weeks)
4. General Management: Certificate Course Breakdown
Become more confident in your English language ability. Business English is not the same as everyday English. This subject teaches you how to speak in a professional manner. You will learn how to write emails, business letters, and how to communicate with your colleagues. Workplaces are diverse and beautiful. Learn more about the differences in communication across cultures, how to overcome barriers, as well as how to handle cross-cultural business situations.
- This subject helps you understand ethics and helps you make ethical business decisions. You will also be able to identify unethical business practices
- You will be introduced to key concepts like different risk factors, the changing value of money, and uneven cash flows
- This subject makes sure you’re equipped with the knowledge to help you prepare for risks
Course Duration: Self Paced
5. General Management- LearnDirect
This course is designed for potential or newly appointed managers in commerce, industry or any other forms of business activity. It is designed to improve the competence and confidence of junior staff by making them aware of sound business principles and management techniques, and above all “how to use them”.
It is a known fact that many organisations, especially the bureaucratic government and local authorities, often spend huge sums of money on training managerial staff and then deny them the opportunity to practice the modern management techniques they have learned.
A prime concern of this course is to introduce the student to the study of major business and management concepts and to allow time to develop the individual skills used for their own work.
- Ecology of management
- Management as an administrative process
- The organisation
- Business information
6. Foundations of Management Specialization
Good management is equal parts knowing and doing. No matter what industry you work in or where you are in your career, a basic understanding of financial, marketing and decision-making principles and other management fundamentals will help you achieve your professional goals – be it getting promoted in your current job, getting ready for a MBA program, or starting your own company.
This Specialization will give you a comprehensive introduction to the practice of management through the lens of four key disciplines: accounting, finance, marketing, and organizational behavior.
- Comprehensive introduction to the practice of management through the lens of four key disciplines: accounting, finance, marketing, and organizational behavior
- Analyze real business cases from these four perspectives
- Provide you with the skill set needed to help achieve the next step in your career
Course Duration: 6 months (3 hours/week)
7. Executive Post Graduate Certificate Program in General Management
As the contemporary business landscape becomes increasingly complex and unpredictable, organizations need managers with interdisciplinary perspective instead of mere functional expertise. This requirement is further fueled by the COVID-19 pandemic and digital disruption all around the globe. IIMV certificate program in general management fills this gap and offers knowledge of cross-functional business domains such as Marketing, Human Resource Management, Operations, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Strategy, Information Technology Systems, and Quantitative Techniques. The EPGPGM Programme shapes you with a pertinent outlook and expert knowledge that will enable you to work across different management responsibilities and cultures effectively.
- Understand the functional dimension of organization
- Develop the skills to lead across global organizations
- Understand individual/group decisions making process under uncertainty
- Gain insights into the relationship between managerial decision making and financial performance of companies
- Learn the implication of digital business models and data analytics on business environment
Course Duration: 12 months
8. General Management Programme
Greater clarity on the strategic issues faced by your organisation’s key business functions, how you master cross-functional business leadership, how different functions fit together and the resulting impact on your business model.
You’ll acquire the knowledge, skills and confidence to add real value to your organisation and inspire and influence change beyond your area of expertise. You will be able to successfully future proof your leadership capability, take a step back to look at your models of practice and open up new ways of thinking, being and doing. Reaching a point of positively identifying and implementing an effective plan to instil and lead behavioural and strategic change across your organisation.
- Gain the ability to lead cross-function teams,
- Work effectively with conflicting perspectives and changing priorities,
- Understand and examine your business from a global perspective,
- Continually seek new opportunities and the agility to manage constant change,
- Effectively formulate and implement strategic decisions with significant impact on the value of the organisation,
- Develop new insights and strategies to support your general management role,
- Acquire a broader business perspective to deliver greater value for the organisation.
Course Duration: 9 months
9. Management 101: Essential Management Skills in 2023
The skill of being a manager involves many skill sets, and often times people are unprepared for the role. The natural progression in the business world is to eventually manage your own staff, yet we are left unprepared for all that it entails. Having to motivate staff, deal with differences between employees, handling multiple personalities, goal setting, team building, and the list goes on. For the unprepared manager it can be quite a bit to deal with.
- Lead Your Staff
- Delegate Effectively
- Handle Sensitive Situations
- Motivate People
- Recruit and Hire Properly
- Coaching Individuals and Teams
- Project Management
- Encourage People
- Implement Rewards Systems
- Gain Trust
- Review Performance
Course Duration: 5 hours
10. Executive Program in General Management
The Executive Program in General Management (EPGM) is a multi-modular general management and leadership program that introduces mid-career managers and leaders to the latest in MIT thought leadership on innovation, strategy, decision-making, and leadership.
EPGM is designed for executives in emerging markets who are looking to reinforce their strengths, learn new skills, connect to other high-achieving managers from around the world, and prepare for the next phase of their career. The Executive Program in General Management (EPGM) introduces mid-career managers and leaders to the latest in MIT thought leadership on innovation, strategy, decision-making, and leadership. The program exposes participants to the MIT ecosystem, leading MIT faculty, and frameworks.
- A multi-modular general management and leadership program
- Designed for executives in emerging markets who are looking to reinforce their strengths, learn new skills, connect to other high-achieving managers from around the world, and prepare for the next phase of their career
- Upon completion participants will earn the Advanced Certificates for Executives (ACE) which confers MIT Sloan Affiliate Alumni status
Course Duration: 8 months
11. General Management Programme (GMP)
The international ESCP General Management Programme (GMP), tailored to high-potential executives, equips you with all the cross-functional knowledge and managerial skills you need to ramp up your performance as a leader in world-class organisations.
The GMP is a standalone programme but also forms an integral part of the ESCP Executive MBA: the 9 core courses are common to both programmes. The GMP is a highly customizable part-time programme, designed to help you to balance your studies with your work and your personal life.
- Build your core management skills
- Grow your leadership and influence at an international scale
- Appreciate and understand a group or company strategy
- Create and implement an efficient action plan in line with company tactical ambitions
Course Duration: 12 or 15 months (part-time)