TDIL (Technology Development of Indian Languages) is a program launched by Department of Information Technology (DIT),Government of INDIA with an objective to develop information processing tools, which include software tools, fonts and other resources in 22 scheduled local languages like Assamese, Bangla, Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu etc. These tools can be used in Presentation preparation, Word Processing, Spread Sheets preparation, Web Page Designing, Messaging etc. in local languages and all software CD’s are distributed free of cost to the citizens of India with the help of CDAC-Pune and a web based Indian Language Data Centre (ILDC).
WHAT WILL YOU GET INSIDE CD?
Taking example of Hindi language CD.
- Hindi Language True Type Fonts With Keyboard Drivers
- Hindi Language Unicode Open Type Fonts
- Hindi OCR (Optical Character Reader)
- Dictionary Hindi-English
- Content Management System for Hindi
- Hindi Morphological Analyzer and Generator
- English Version of Open Office, Browser and Multiprotocol Messenger.
Available Languages :
Assamese Bangla Bodo Dogri
Gujarati Hindi Kannada Kashmiri
Konkani Maithili Manipuri Malayalam
Marathi Nepali Oriya Punjabi
Sanskrit Santhali Sindhi Tamil
For complete information about this initiative by government of India, download the PDF here.
How to Order Free CDs ?
- Visit ILDC page Here
- Choose the language (for which you want CD to order)
- Sign Up and fill complete address and phone number)
- Click Confirm Order
- Selected language CD will be delivered to you free of cost via speed post.
NOTE :- You can order more than one CD in a single order after signup. Be a responsible citizen and don’t misuse the free resource.
Other free resources from “Technology Developement of Indian Languages” :