CMEs form an important part of physicians those of you who were wondering what CME is it stands for continuing medical education and consists of informative activities related to medicine that serve the sole purpose of developing and increasing the knowledge and skill of physicians to implement it further over their patients. Nowadays CME credits are all in demand and you certainly don’t want to miss this opportunity by trying Free Online CME for Physicians.
Medical students or young physicians, this is the perfect opportunity to expand your knowledge and intellect by taking up a course or activity of CME. Not only does it provide credit but also makes you adept with the latest updates and inventions in the medical world.
List of the Best Free Online CME for Physicians
Here we have studied and found the best free online CME for physicians. All of these provide credit, so you can choose which suits you the best.
1. Increasing Adult Immunization Rates among African American Communities – AAFP
The American Academy of family physicians has developed an online self-paced course on increasing adult immunization rates among African American countries. This course goes into deep research about African-American countries, and makes people aware of the current situation, and comes up with suggestions to improve the rates. This is a CME activity, in collaboration with a cooperative agreement from the Centres For Disease Control and Prevention. This course is ideal for physicians who are looking for free activities to increase their credibility.
- Become aware of the present scenario of adult immunization rates among African-American countries
- Understand in detail through self-assessments and patient surveys
- Learn why the existing practices are lacking and impacting the performance of the country
- Reform policies and make new regulations to tackle this problem
- Interact with peers and learn about the standards for adult immunization
- Get a CME credit statement and other educational and informative resources
Course Duration: Self Paced
2. Impacting the Opioid Crisis: Prevention, Education, and Practice for Non-Prescribing Providers – edX
The University of Michigan is the provider of this online self-paced course under continuing education. This course is on the second rank in the list of Free Online CME for Physicians and is designed primarily for non-prescribing health care, behavioural health, dental and social services professionals, et cetera. At an introductory level, the lectures go into the details of the tools and instruments used in the ongoing Opioid crisis in the United States. It informs you about the Opioid pandemic and its impact on various sectors of society. Those who participate in the CME activity will receive a credit from the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education.
- Learn about the current Opioid crisis
- Comprehend the factors contributing to the Opioid Crisis
- Come up with ways and policies to reduce and eventually eradicate the misuse of Opioids
- Learn about the best practices for treating Opioid use disorder and its benefits
- Identify the strategies for the safe use of appeared across different populations
- Test your knowledge through quizzes and assignments
Course Duration: 6 weeks
3. Prevent the Downward Spiral: Restoring the Gut Microbiota to Reduce Recurrent C. difficile Infection – Free CME
The Academy for continued healthcare learning, with the support of an educational grant from Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc, has developed an online self-learning course for all the ID specialists, hospitalists, internists, physicians, and other clinicians who deal with patients at risk of C. Difficile. As this is a high-level CME activity, the physicians should be up-to-date with the knowledge and guidelines about this particular disease. The course contains three different sections upon completion, of which the participants will receive a certificate of participation and credit.
- Learn about the C. Difficile infection and its complications
- Examine the role of the gut microbiome in C. Difficile infections
- Evaluate the approaches to prevention and protection of recurrent infection
- Learn how this infection poses a threat to patients as well as the healthcare system
- Review the guidelines recommended for the management of C. Difficile infection
- Engage in CME activities and learn through first-hand experience
Course Duration: 75 minutes
4. CME from CDC: What You Need to Know About Infection Control – CDC
The centres for disease control and protection have developed a free online CME course for primary care physicians, public health medicine specialists, pharmacists, and nurses to enhance and expand their knowledge about infection control. Keeping the US as a model, this course goes into the details of making healthcare workers understand the importance of proper infection control procedures and how to improve upon them. This course contains a series of six CME activities, with each concentrating on one aspect of infection control and prevention.
- Learn about the antibiotic-resistant infections that affect people daily
- Know about the recognition of risks included in the healthcare system
- Get to know about the infection prevention approaches
- Understand the role of environmental services in infection prevention
- Learn about the infection transmission risks in hospitals
- Recognize the risks of infection through medical equipment
Course Duration: Self Paced
5. Value-Based Care Specialization – Coursera
The University of Houston has come up with an online self-learning course on value-based care specialization. This course aims to prepare physicians about value-based healthcare, its social determinants, and the features of healthcare like leadership, population, quality, and insurance. With a flexible schedule, Additional reading material, and shareable certificates, this beginners-level course is perfect for those seeking a CME accreditation statement. Participants will also be given a CME credit digital badge after completing this seven-series course.
- Learn about value-based care and its operating models
- Examine the importance of communication between healthcare professionals and patients
- Explore the healthcare quality and its various measures
- Develop an understanding of the importance of the value-based care
- Recognize your role as an individual in the growing culture of VBC
- Learn in detail through an applied learning project
Course Duration: 6 months
6. IPF Management in Practice: A Truly Interactive Experience – Free CME
This is a free CME activity developed to meet the needs of a pulmonologist, primary care providers, and other healthcare workers who interact with patients with IPF and its management. This course is an interactive lecture cum activity that provides a learning environment to those attending and gives regular knowledge checks to fully utilize the benefits of this course. This activity is brought to you and funded by the France Foundation. It provides CME credit and gives a professional statement to all those who complete it.
- Learn about the basics of IPF management
- Get to know in detail through a visually dynamic presentation
- Become aware of the intricacies involved in starting an anti-fibrotic therapy
- Know about the details of the treatment and its side-effects effects
- Review the treatment and overcome the challenges
- Examine the comorbidities involved in this therapy
Course Duration: 60 minutes
7. Prescription Drug Regulation, Cost, and Access: Current Controversies in Context – edX
Harvard University has allowed physicians to educate themselves about the crest prescription drug regulation, cost, and access in the present context. As this is an introductory level course, there are no prerequisites for it and is seventh on the list of Free Online CME for Physicians. This course mainly investigates the major controversies and issues related to the regulatory approval and use of prescription drugs. An interview panel of the US food and drug administration will also be a part of the course to give the intricacies of the issue. This course also allows its participants to earn credit and get their knowledge acknowledged.
- Become aware of the key controversies surrounding prescription drugs
- Discover the importance of testing and approving innovative drugs
- Become aware of the role and history of the FDA
- Review the safety guidelines of prescription drugs
- Analyze data and conclude some of the FDA regulations
- Understand the effect of drug promotion on the behaviour of physicians and patients
Course Duration: 8 weeks
8. COVID-19: What You Need to Know (CME Eligible) – Coursera
Offered by Osmosis, this free CME course on a digital platform educates people about the COVID-19 pandemic and all the related information. This course particularly discusses the pandemic, the symptoms diagnosis, and treatment of COVID-19, its precautions, and how the general public can adopt public health measures to mitigate the spread of this contagious virus. Those individuals who participate in this module come lecture will receive CME credit and a shareable certificate upon the course’s completion. This course is available in English, with subtitles in as many as ten languages.
- Get to know about the history of COVID-19
- Understand the PCR and RT-PCR
- Learn to recognize the symptoms of COVID-19
- Examine the measures involved in treating a patient with COVID-19
- become aware of the clinical skills
- Learn about essential information on COVID-19 for healthcare workers
Course Duration: 3 hours
9. Understanding the 2020 Focused Updates to the Asthma Management Guidelines – Pri-Med
Pre-med and Learn More Breath Better, a program of the National Heart, Lungs, and Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health, have collaborated to enrich people, especially primary care health workers and physicians, about the updates in the asthma management guidelines. This is a self-paced digital course that provides knowledge about the guidelines, updates, and recommendations of asthma patients. Those who attend this course will receive 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits in the category of CME/CE.
- Familiarize yourself with the 2020 Focused Updates to the asthma management guidelines
- Discuss the background and reasons behind the updates
- Review the policies and procedures used in the 2020 Focused Updates
- Highlight the important changes and give suggestions
- Examine the new features and critically evaluate them
- Learn how these updates should incorporate into the real-life
Course Duration: Self Paced
10. AI in Healthcare Specialization – Coursera
Stanford University has developed an online course on the significance of artificial intelligence in the healthcare system. With the rapid industrialization of the world, artificial intelligence has transformed industries, particularly in the field of healthcare. This course is tenth in the list of Free Online CME for Physicians and provides CME accreditation and a shareable certificate of participation. Along with that, individuals participating will be allowed to participate in a hands-on project. To test your knowledge, graded assignments, assessments and quizzes with professional feedback will be given.
- Introduce yourself to the US healthcare system
- Develop a deep understanding of how the healthcare system works
- Examine the features and flaws of the system
- Analyze the clinical data and draw conclusions
- Learn about the fundamentals of machine learning for healthcare
- Understand the importance of AI applications in the healthcare system
Course Duration: 9 months
11. Easing the Burden of Chronic Cough: Improving Care Coordination and Examining Emerging Options – Free CME
This is an online CME activity provided by Vindico medical education and supported by an educational grant from Merck and Co., Inc. By taking the examples of the US, easing the burden of chronic cough has been developed to target the audience of immunologists, allergists, and physicians apart from healthcare professionals to understand and acknowledge the growing importance of this issue. This course provides physicians with a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 credit. However, the participants will have to sit for an online test to attain credit.
- Understand the growing concern for chronic cough
- Acknowledge the impact of cough on the US population
- Come across the common challenges associated with healthcare and quality of life
- Assess ways to treat and manage chronic cough
- Examine the benefits of therapies and procedures
- Evaluate the emerging strategies and clinical evidence for patients with this problem
Course Duration: 45 minutes
12. Identifying Early Signs of Psychosis in Adolescents and Young Adults – edX
The Stanford University school of medicine, in collaboration with the Internet Enduring Material, has developed an online CME activity on identifying early signs of psychosis in adolescents and young adults. The Department of psychiatry and behavioural sciences at Stanford has put forward a practical approach towards this problem in making nurses, practitioners, physicians, paediatrics, and Social workers about psychosis. This course is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, and the participants will receive credit at the end of the course.
- Know what is psychosis and why is it prevalent among adolescents and young adults
- Learn to identify the signs of psychosis
- Understand how to tackle a patient with psychosis
- Know about the screening for suspected psychosis
- Research in deep through case studies
- Explore the strategies to help treat patients with psychosis
Course Duration: 1 week
13. Integrating Real-World Evidence into Treatment Decision for MS: Expert Guidance on Challenging Cases – MY CME
This is a digital e-learning course that is thirteenth in the list of Free Online CME for Physicians and provides three interactive patient cases and sessions to help physicians, clinicians, and healthcare professionals understand the importance of taking care of patients with multiple sclerosis. This activity has been a generous contribution of educational grants from Genentech and Sanofi Genzyme. The participants who complete the course and the program evaluation will receive a certificate of completion. Professionals have endured this course with a credit of 1.00, which is to be claimed by the course takers at the end of the course.
- Gain knowledge through three interactive patient cases
- Compare and analyze clinical trial data and records
- Examine the challenges involved in the diagnosis of sclerosis
- Review the evidence-based strategies and critically evaluate them
- Assess the therapeutic response and effectiveness
- Monitor the treatment of sclerosis
Course Duration: 1 hour
14. Medical Genomics 101 – edX
Davidson College has launched an online self-learning course for physicians, position assistants, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare professionals Looking out for CME credit. The course is divided into six modules, with each of them focusing on one aspect of medical genomics. This course is at an intermediate level, so a bachelor’s degree or higher is a prerequisite for attending the scores. Also, the participant has to register with the Charlotte Area Healthcare Education Centre to receive the credit. The participants will receive course material and additional resources after registration.
- Learn how the healthcare system is changing due to genomic insights
- Analyze the ethical, legal, and social implications of genomics treatment
- Understand the genomics terminology and its scope
- Examine the concept through theoretical examples and case studies
- Gain insights that satisfy the American Board of Medical Specialties
- Know about the skills needed for medical genomics
Course Duration: 1 week
15. Sleep, Memory and Dreams: A Unified Theory – Pri-Med
The American Association of nurse practitioners has allowed physicians to participate in this CME activity through a virtual experience. Covering the topics of neurology, healthy lifestyle, and sleep, this course discusses the benefits of sleep memory and dreams in human health and the body. Learn through professionals how the sleep cycle changes and how it affects the patients. Different theories and strategies will be a part of the discussion in this interesting and interactive course. The participants will receive a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credits at the end of the course.
- Recognize the benefits of sleep in memory
- Describe the changes in the brain during the REM cycle
- Examine and enhance the practical skills
- Understand the interplay of dreams on memory
- Learn the importance of dreaming and how they impact memory
- Identify the procedure for selecting emotional memories
Course Duration: 1 hour