Are you the kind of person who gets a thrill in planning parties and events in your family? Do you like being the commander-in-chief when it comes to executing an event? If yes, then you have landed on the right page to read the 15 Best Event Planning Online Courses.
Event Planning has become a major career choice for many students across the globe and they must acquire some real-world skills along with textbook knowledge.
So without much ado, let’s get started!
15 Best Event Planning Online Courses in 2023
The courses mentioned below will help you get tons of knowledge that can be utilized by you at your workplace.
1. The Ultimate Guide to Successful Event Planning (Udemy)
Are you an aspiring event professional who lacks the set of skills required to succeed in the field? Not to worry because this Udemy specialization will have you all covered. The course strengthens your foundations in client management and how to keep them coming back to you after regular events.
It also focuses on the other aspects of event management such as focusing on client needs, selection of venues, risk mitigation, creation of a timeline, and how to devise event planning strategies. At the end of it, you will come out with several skills in your repertoire to succeed in this profession.
- Teaches upcoming event managers about the importance of the event timeline.
- Imparts knowledge on how to create welcome packages for clients.
- Guides you on the potential careers in this field.
- Teaches you the importance of having high-end clients and ensuring regular follow-ups with them.
Course Duration: 4 hours
2. Learn How to Plan a Great Event (Udemy)
If you seem to be confused about how to make your event successful, this course will help you clear all the confusion in your head. This event planning course teaches you the basics of event management with the help of interviews and actual case studies to build a solid foundation.
It explains to you the process of researching the perfect event idea and how you need to market that effectively to make it a success. You can also learn some valuable negotiation tips in the Sponsorship module as well. At the end of it, you would have learned how to write a convincing event plan which no client can refuse.
- You will gain a lot of insight into risk assessment and how to deal with the crisis effectively.
- Teaches you the importance of teamwork and the various roles in event management.
- Includes interviews with industry experts in this field.
- Get your doubts cleared by interacting with lecturers one on one.
Course Duration: 4 hours
3. Event Management for Beginners (Udemy)
Has it always been your dream to become an event planner? If yes, then this course will help you learn everything about event management from scratch. This specialization teaches you about the fundamentals of event management and why this profession is in such demand today.
It will help you learn more about the planning and execution of an event and will teach you how to interact with clients professionally. It further dwells into the aspects of risk management, contingency plans, and the creation of timelines, all of which are key to the success of an event.
- Learn about the basics of the industry and how it all works.
- Gain some valuable tips on client interaction and networking with various vendors.
- Learn how to plan your event within the client’s budget.
- Master the art of crisis management and how develop on-the-spot plans of action.
Course Duration: 1 hour
4. Event Planning, Marketing, and Management Course (Udemy)
Coming in at number four on our list of best event planning courses online is this distance-learning program brought to you by Udemy. This program focuses on the basics of planning and executing an event and goes to the advanced stages covering the risks involved.
Some of the other aspects covered in the modules include- the usage of attendance tracking software, planning out the minute details, how to arrange press conferences, understanding insurance liabilities, and much more. And all of this in a 4-hour pocket dynamo package!
- Teaches you in detail about organizing different types of events.
- Learn how to market your events and make all of them successful.
- Get adept in the usage of various event management software.
Course Duration: 4 hours
5. Event Planning: Where to Start (SkillShare)
In case you’re clueless about how to get started in event planning, this course will help you gain some much-needed skills to get started. It takes you on an exciting journey on how to plan an event right from the initial stage till the execution of the event.
Taught by renowned event planner Hanna Ashcroft, you will learn various skills such as working within a budget, designing the theme and the venue, renting equipment, and accommodating people in the venue. Towards the end, you will also have a live project which will test your learnings and acquaint you with valuable practical knowledge.
- Helps you make arrangements according to the size and scale of the events.
- Get to work on a live project to implement your learnings practically.
- Gain access to 2 extra courses on completion of this course.
- Made specifically for beginners looking to make a successful career in this profession.
Course Duration: 30 mins
6. Event Planning Foundations (LinkedIn Learning)
Here’s presenting to you an interesting course on event planning from LinkedIn. Divided into 10 bite-sized modules, it is aimed at strengthening the foundation of aspirants who are waiting for a breakthrough in the field.
The modules focus on core aspects like effective negotiation, how to plan an event within the required budget, and how to plan menus. You will also learn about looking out for the perfect location, transportation of equipment, and how to manage staff while on-site.
- This course has been made by an international event planner and logistics expert.
- Teaches you how to plan a menu.
- Teaches you about logistics management and how to ensure the smooth flow of the event.
Course Duration: 50 mins
7. Writing an Event Plan (LinkedIn)
Featuring number seven on our list of best event planning courses online is another e-learning program from LinkedIn. This course has been divided into 3 separate stages to simplify the process of event planning, thereby providing clarity of thought to you.
Focusing specifically on corporate events, it teaches you how to market your event both online and offline to attract more visitors. You will also learn how to write client-focused event plans and how to plan all the steps of the event meticulously and avoid any mishaps on D-Day.
- It will teach you the basic marketing principles for corporate events.
- Focuses on branding principles required to attract visitors to your event.
- Teaches you online and offline marketing hacks that can boost the reach of the event.
Course Duration: 50 mins
8. Certificate Program in Event Management (IEM)
This course from IEM will ensure that you learn everything about event planning in a comprehensive and detailed manner. The course has 3 modules split further into sub-modules which explain to you the requirements of becoming an event planner and how to plan corporate and social events.
It will also impart you skills required in strategy formulation, and how to send invitations and bag contracts from noteworthy clients. This course will also teach you a lot about corporate event management and how to plan various corporate events and team-building activities which will make you a pro at planning all events.
- This is a comprehensive course that focuses on small and medium-scale events.
- Gain access to a course on wedding planning by completing this course.
- Learn about risk management and the necessary precautions taken to avoid mishaps.
Course Duration: 6 hours
9. Event School Online (QC Event School)
Regarded as one of the best courses out there, this e-learning program from QC Event School is a capstone course split into four specializations namely- corporate, and private. Charity, and wedding events with foundations being laid in all of them.
You will not just learn how each event works but you will also learn how certain skills can be transferable to organize different types of events. This course further teaches you how to organize events like celebrity tours and concerts and sports events like the FIFA World Cup. At the end of it, you will learn how to organize each type of event and can focus on choosing your specialization accordingly.
- The course will help you learn the nitty-gritty of event planning from 11 seasoned event managers.
- You will learn the basics of how every event is organized and focus on making any type your specialization.
- All your assignments will be assessed based on a one-to-one feedback basis.
Course Duration: 12 hours
10. Event Planning Certification (Emory University)
Occupying the 10th spot in this listicle of best event planning courses online Emory University’s Event Planning Certification Program. This course aims at laying the basic foundations for students with no prior experience in the profession.
You will not just learn how to plan events from scratch but will also learn the importance of developing timelines. You will also gain the necessary skills on how to plan budgets, solve on-the-spot crises, and learn about the ethics of event management and the malpractices to be avoided as a professional event planner.
- Learn how to work within the budget of the client.
- Learn about the different problems while planning an event and how to solve them quickly.
- Learn about the do’s and don’t’s of this profession and how to maintain professionalism at all times.
Course Duration: 18 months
11. Online Event Planning Course (New York Institute of Art and Design)
Are you the creative mind that can conceptualize events with out-of-the-box ideas? Well, this course is tailor-made for you. This program will teach you about the different types of events and how to devise different plans for each one of them.
You will also learn important topics about the industry such as effective networking with vendors, how to network with clients and colleagues, and how to make after-event assessments. At the end of it, you will have multiple projects to work on which will make this course more realistic and challenging.
- Learn the art of negotiating effectively with vendors and how to bargain at the right price.
- Work on unique projects designed by NYIAD and gain industry-oriented knowledge and experience.
- Learn how to market your event planning firm online and offline to attract more clients.
- Explore how to execute the various stages of an event properly and without any blunders.
Course Duration: 18 months
12. Ultimate Event Management And Planning Course (Udemy)
Looking for a one-stop solution to address your queries on event management? Then, head to this online course to learn more about this beautiful field. This course begins by helping you understand the responsibilities of an event manager and how to organize your team and support staff.
You will also gain insight into the working of different events and how to arrange different activities for guests in different events. Towards the end of it, you will have an exam to clear which will test whatever you have learned in this course, thereby arming you with skills to enter into the industry confidently.
- Understand the post-event duties and roles of an event manager.
- Learn about the planning processes of various events and how to apply them accordingly on-site.
- Receive insightful lectures from your instructors on various topics such as set design and guest relations.
Course Duration: 36 mins
13. Event Management Certification (Bryant University)
Coming next in our list of best event planning courses online is this specialization offered by Bryant University. The course has been designed according to the principles of the Event Management Body of Knowledge which will provide a three-dimensional approach to teach you the required knowledge and skillset.
The course consists of five modules on- event planning, marketing, design and decor, logistics, and leadership, all of which are crucial elements for you to have a successful career in this profession.
- Learn how different events are organized and what are the requirements for each one of them.
- Transfer credits to your university on completion of this course.
- Get tutored by ILEA-certified experts and pick on their brains for practical insight.
Course Duration: 6 months
14. Diploma in Event Management (Alison)
Offered in partnership with CourseFlix, this program will assist you in identifying the different types of events in this field and will also explain the importance of customer relations in order to expand your clientele and keep your business flourishing.
This course will touch upon the details of how to outline an event and help you understand the importance of space utilization. In case you wish to start your own event management company, it will describe the pros and cons of doing so. Overall, this course will explain to you everything that you need to know about event management.
- Aids in understanding the importance of customer service in this field,
- Explains how to advertise your business and build your brand from scratch.
- Helps in identifying safety protocols that are required to be followed by event managers across the globe.
Course Duration: 10-15 hours
15. Event And Venue Management (Trebas Institute)
And the last in our list of the best event planning courses online is this specialization from Trebas Institute. This course is intermediate and will focus more on the advanced aspect of things such as logistics network, hospitality, and guest management and accommodation.
Apart from learning about event management, you will also be learning business subjects such as marketing and finance which help you in understanding the commercial side of things and how to make your events monetarily successful.
- Learn from industry experts and gain practical insights from them.
- Learn subjects like advertising and venue operations management to gain vital skills.
- Master the art of working under pressure and how to be spontaneous to solve problems on-site.
Course Duration: 10 months
We have handpicked for you the 15 best event planning online courses. It’s time you pick anyone among them and learn the essential skills for you to become a successful event planner.