The Conservation and Land Management sector is made up of a variety of businesses and organizations whose main focus is to oversee the operation of national parks along with nature reserves, council reserves, and Indigenous protected areas. They also govern land that is private as well as botanical gardens so that they can ensure that flora and fauna are preserved in their natural habitats. They can also help to support the farmers and fishermen across the country through best-practice agriculture that promotes sustainability. When it comes to conservation and land management, the focus is on the expert management of all-natural assets, such as water, soil, and the native vegetarian of each area.
List of The Best Conservation And Land Management Online Courses
1. Sustainable Agricultural Land Management
This course will cover the agricultural and urban water quality issues in Florida, their bases, land and nutrient management strategies, and the science and policy behind the best management practices (BMPs). Students will learn to evaluate BMP research and analyze its role in determining practices and policies that protect water quality.
Course Duration: 19 hours
2. Land Management – CPD Certified
The land is a scarce and limited resource, which cannot be multiplied. It is a valuable basis for livelihood and for economic or ecological development. Land conflicts occur when people with different interests run up against the declining availability of fertile land. Developing countries in general, and disadvantaged people in society are often the most affected groups. Yet, even industrialized countries face issues with sustainable land policy. As a result, experts in sustainable land management are desperately needed.
- Assess the condition of natural resources and the broader landscape
- Design plans for managing and restoring a particular area of land
- Demonstrate natural resource management skills for sustainable land use
- Work effectively with stakeholders
- Understand the legal and policy framework for conservation and natural resource management
Course Duration: 20 hours
3. Sustainable Land Management And Restoration
This course focuses on Sustainable Land Management (SLM) practices, and their place within the global development agenda, specifically in order to achieve target 15.3 of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which aims “to achieve a land degradation-neutral world”. The course assists policy makers, practitioners and land users in the selection, planning, implementation and monitoring of SLM interventions, and related enabling environment.
- Basic definitions and principles of land management, degradation and restoration
- The participatory SLM land use planning approach
- SLM tools and methods (WOCAT global network, the Economics of Land Degradation (ELD) initiative and their 6+1 approach)
- The use of financial and non-financial incentives for an enabling environment, to overcome barriers and encourage SLM adoption and uptake
- SLM in the context of the global policy agenda, specifically SDG goal 15
- The concept of Land Degradation Neutrality (LDN)
Course Duration: 3.5 hours
4. Conservation And Environmental Management
If your future career goal is Environmental Protection then starting with this Conservation & Environmental Management Online Course first is the right direction.
- Learn to manage conservation in different environments.
- Explore conservation issues and strengthen your knowledge of the environment
- Self paced 100 hr course, provides a credit toward a range of different certificates or diplomas.
- For people working in conservation or environmental areas, or anyone with a passion for sustainability.
Course Duration: Self Paced
5. Energy Efficiency And Sustainability
The University of Cape Town (UCT) Energy Efficiency and Sustainability online short course offers a holistic overview of the energy efficiency landscape and the economics of this field. Over the course of eight weeks, you’ll explore the latest developments and regulations in the energy industry, and investigate energy use in commercial and industrial contexts.
This course, which is certified by the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) for CPD points, is suited to practising and consulting engineers, facility managers, architects, building designers, energy managers, energy auditors, manufacturing professionals, and environmental consultants. In essence, it’s designed for all professionals looking to learn how to identify energy conservation opportunities to promote efficiency in buildings and businesses. Additionally, professionals will take advantage of this increasingly important trend. As students will be asked to apply formulas and perform calculations, basic competence in mathematics is required in order to complete this course.
- Learn how to verify energy savings using industry-accepted techniques
- Examine how to assess the financial viability of energy-efficiency projects
- Build a strong business case for interventions
- Gain the knowledge needed to specialise their business offerings
Course Duration: 8 weeks (8-10 hours/week)
6. Outdoor Education – Outdoor Recreation And Land Management- Alison
This free online course on Recreation and Outdoor Education teaches you about outdoor recreation and land management. Proper land management is a core aspect of ensuring a sustainable environment. This online course will teach you about land as a commodity, the World Conservation Strategy, and conservation management, as well as the different ways we treat our environment.
- Discuss land commodities and the different views of the way we treat our environment
- Describe the World Conservation Strategy and management for conservation
- Identify different types of land uses such as commercial, recreational, and conservation and the conflicts that can occur between these land choices today
- Outline the importance of land to the Aboriginal people of Australia and the respect and love they have for their land
Course Duration: 3 hours
7. Smart Cities – Management of Smart Urban Infrastructures
Learn about Smart Cities within the context of management of urban infrastructures. The introduction of Smart urban technologies into legacy infrastructures has resulted in numerous challenges and opportunities for contemporary cities and will continue to do so. This course will help you to understand how to make the best of these smart technologies in your cities’ legacy infrastructures.
- Gain a deep understanding of the nature of disruptive innovations (smart technologies) in urban infrastructure systems
- Learn about state-of-the-art strategies for effectively managing the transition from legacy infrastructures to smart urban systems
- Study the management of the transition phase from legacy infrastructure systems to smart cities by supporting innovations while avoiding early lock-in
- Understand potential applications of the materials learned in this course within the context of the management of smart urban transportation systems as well as smart urban energy systems.
Course Duration: 12 hours
8. Transportation, Sustainable Buildings, Green Construction
This course will include the evaluation of best practices in parking strategies for sustainable cities. Some of the examples include downtown parking policy, understanding the high cost of free parking, the development of parking sheds, managing neighborhood parking, hiding parking lots and other parking strategies and practices. There will also be a case study of the Victoria Canada parking management approach that investigates problems with current work on parking planning and discusses the cost of parking facilities and potential savings from improved management. There will also be an introduction to the use of form-based codes for application to sustainable cities. A variety of building forms such as mid-rise and high-rise buildings, apartment houses, live/work buildings, single-family homes, and row houses will be assessed. A particular emphasis will be on vacant property strategies for equitable and healthy communities.
- Survey and evaluate a variety of parking policies that support sustainable cities and environmental quality
- Compare different parking options such as parking sheds, neighborhood parking, parking lot access, permeable parking spaces, and a variety of ways to hide parking lots
- Describe the approach that the state of Minnesota used in developing a greenhouse gas reduction plan for their transportation sector
- Examine issues of implementing climate – friendly transportation pricing and the concept of “fix it first” transportation policy
- Evaluate the concept of form-based codes and their benefits for creating sustainable cities
- Assess smart green construction practices such as use of sustainable building materials, on site energy generation, proper solar orientation, and the use of green building standards.
Course Duration: 6 hour
9. Wildlife Conservation And Management Certificate
The course begins with units on wildlife conservation, which focus on assessing, managing and protecting local flora and fauna as well as their habitats. You’ll also learn about wildlife conservation theory and threatened species recovery. From there, our course goes deeper into the most effective management strategies for wildlife populations including captive breeding and habitat management. This will give you a strong foundation to make a real impact in this vital field.
- Learn about the various methods of wildlife management, from running wildlife parks and reserves, altering and rehabilitating wildlife habitats, pest control
- Learn how to conduct flora and fauna surveys, learn about wildlife conservation theory, habitat rehabilitation, and threatened species recovery
- Learn a variety of survey techniques to be used for better understanding wildlife, flora, vegetation and marine life
Course Duration: 8 days
10. Environmental Management & Ethics
Decision-makers often turn to scientists and engineers to assist them to navigate through complex environmental, health and societal challenges pervaded by systemic uncertainty, ambiguity and ethical implications. This course prepares you to meet the requests and demands of current and future decision-makers and in this course, you will analyze ethical challenges associated with environmental dilemmas and apply different decision-making tools relevant to environmental management and regulation.
Course Duration: 12 hours
11. AHC51120 Diploma of Conservation And Ecosystem Management
When you complete the Diploma of Conservation and Ecosystem Management you will be ready for a career in conservation work, parks and wildlife, or regeneration work. You will have the skills and knowledge to lead in the land conservation industry, specialising in areas such as Indigenous land management, ecosystem rehabilitation, conservation, parks management, wildlife management, and marine and water management.
- How to develop a management plan for a designated area
- How to conduct biological surveys
- How to Design a natural area restoration project
Course Duration: 6 months
12. Land Management Essentials Training
This Land Management bundle is ideal for you if you want to learn more about Land Management in detail. We’ve separated this Land Management package into multiple courses, covering all essential elements of Land Management. It will provide you with the skills and industry knowledge to boost your career in the Land Management field.
Course Duration: 33 hours