Change management is defined as the methods and manners in which a company describes and implements change within both its internal and external processes. This includes preparing and supporting employees, establishing the necessary steps for change, and monitoring pre- and post-change activities to ensure successful implementation. By learning through Change Management online courses you can increase your knowledge on a particular topic.
Significant organizational change can be challenging. It often requires many levels of cooperation and may involve different independent entities within an organization. Developing a structured approach to change is critical to help ensure a beneficial transition while mitigating disruption.
List of The Best Change Management Online Courses
1. Leading transformations: Manage Change
We live in a globalised world of continuous change. Your ability to successfully manage change will allow you to have a positive impact on your work and your life. Via structured learning activities (video lectures, quizzes, discussion prompts and written assessment) this course will teach you how to effectively influence change by developing a ‘change mindset’, creating a productive change cycle, and leading yourself and others on the change journey. You will learn how to re-imagine change by redefining the change problem and developing a balanced and reflective change mindset. Change is inevitable but you can influence how it affects your organisation.
- Design successful change initiatives by adopting a balanced and reflective change mindset
- Create change cycles that effectively apply tools and techniques for orienting, performing, and evaluating change
- Generate leadership strategies that are mindful of the complexity and challenges of change and mobilise energy for transformation
Course Duration: 18 hours
2. Lean Leadership Skills, Lean Culture & Lean Management
Based on years of field experience, this course shows you how to implement both principles in your organization. Lean is eliminating waste and the disciplined method of optimizing value to customers. It is creating a culture that brings out the best in all employees. If you do this… you will succeed as a leader in your organization. The instructor has implemented lean culture and leadership for more than forty years, working with companies like Honda, Toyota, Shell Oil Company, Corning, Merck and dozens of others. This course is based on his practical field-tested knowledge of lean culture and leadership. The course introduces the history of lean, the essential principles and practices, and the important functions of the lean leader. It also presents the two critical paths to lean implementation.
- It is about leadership – you will know how to lead a change process in your organization.
- How to implement continuous improvement and lean culture (Toyota Production System) in your organization.
- You will design a system of natural work and management teams who engage in continuous improvement.
- The student completing this course will know the essential problem-solving methods employed in continuous improvement and will be able to lead his or her team in constant improvement.
- You can eliminate waste and engage your team members in continuous improvement (kaizen).
Course Duration: 6.5 hours
3. Managing Disruptive Change
Disruption is simultaneously the greatest threat and the biggest opportunity for any business. While some companies proactively manage this potential risk and leverage it to further grow their business, others fall behind by not acknowledging the profound impact that this type of change might have. This course helps you to get in the driver seat by teaching you a structured approach to respond to disruptive change through targeted actions.
- How to spot specific disruption patterns as well as potential sources of disruptions
- Ways to assess the degree of the respective disruptions in terms of stage, speed and impact
- The know-how to select appropriate counter initiatives drawing from a tool kit of potential actions, depending on the assessment of the disruption
Course Duration: 6 weeks (6-8 hours)
4. Change Leadership: Developing Strategic Gap Analysis in Miro
This guided project is designed to engage and harness your visionary and exploratory abilities. You will use proven models in change management with Miro to identify the gaps in products/services, and further equip you with the knowledge to utilise the learned concepts, methodologies, and tools to prepare for change in various settings. By the end of this guided project, you will be fluent in identifying, and mapping variables for Gap Analysis using a hands-on example. This will enable you to map business states from the AS IS to the TO BE state which is important in for preparing and managing change in professional and personal life.
- Create a Gap Analysis mapping AS IS-TO BE states for change using a sample business case
- Examine the next steps for Change Management
- Showcase this hands-on experience in an interview
Course Duration: 2 hours
5. Leading Strategic Change Initiatives
If you’re in charge of developing and leading strategic organizational change, there are certain tools and concepts you must be familiar with. In this course, the emphasis is on cultivating your ability to assess the need for change. By determining why your organization or team needs change, you’ll be able to better answer questions like: What should you change and how should the change be handled? You will explore the political and complex process of introducing change, which includes motivating others, dealing with resistance and the emotional elements of change, and finally, extending change over time and sustaining it. The course is designed to give you practice so you can initiate and carry out a change effort.
- Identify a helpful process framework for leading change initiatives and develop a change vision
- Diagnose the external factors that are driving change and the strategic orientation of your firm
- Build an approach for identifying and influencing key stakeholders
- Devise an approach for overcoming resistance and sustaining your change over the long-term
Course Duration: 2 weeks (3-5 hours/week)
6. Change Management for Organizations: Drive Strategic Results
If you are an individual contributor, a project manager, change manager, or an organizational leader, this unique course on managing change is for you! It will enable you to identify and manage the human aspects of implementing change. In addition, it will help you to transition people from the current to the future state to realize desired business objectives. Why does managing change matter? Large-scale change constantly confronts leaders and managers as they plan and execute strategy in their organizations. What they need is a road map to manage the multi-faceted human aspects of change, helping them to transition critical stakeholders from Point A to B. Alignment between leaders and those impacted by change increases performance, reduces risk/cost and helps the team ‘get the job done.’
- Build a common language & framework for the people side of change
- Structure your change project around 6 tried and true best practices
- Define the business case for change
- Align key leaders on the vision & their role as sponsors
- Maximize stakeholder engagement to reach business goals
- Assess the organizational culture & its impact on change
- Prepare the organization through communication, training & knowledge transfer
Course Duration: 1.1 hours
7. Learn How to Lead by Anticipating And Leveraging Disruptive Change
You will be guided through the innovation process from ideation to implementation, will explore the typical creation process of a new venture and will learn more about the differences between entrepreneurial and managerial thought patterns. As a final part of the program, you’ll learn strategic management concepts – so your organization can be ahead of the curve and not be victim to disruption. To succeed in the program, you need to have basic mathematical knowledge and a general interest in business to succeed in the program.
- To familiarize yourself with the differences between entrepreneurial and corporate thinking
- To strategically position your organization in times of uncertainty
- The knowledge and skills needed to pursue a career at the interface of technology and management in disrupting times.
- Important management skills that will enable you to lead employees and help your company succeed in the marketplace by effectively dealing with disruptive change.
Course Duration: Self Paced
8. Leading Organizational Change
Effective change leaders do three things; they anticipate where things are moving, they facilitate the implementation of change, and they sustain momentum by taking charge and moving things ahead. Great change leaders know how to be both proactive and reactive, as Professor Bacharach explains. Students in this course will examine their own leadership styles and practice skills that will help them translate ideas into organizational results, find ways to overcome organizational inertia, and examine strategies for overcoming individual resistance to change.
- Facilitate change by translating ideas into desired organizational results
- Identify the change process as it relates to organizations
- Identify ways to overcome organizational inertia
- Examine strategies for overcoming individual resistance to change
- Explore ways of anticipating and mitigating uncertainty
Course Duration: 2 weeks (3-5 hours)
9. Change Management Leadership Certification
In this course, change professionals learn the basics of change management and assess and ensure organizational change readiness. Gradually progress towards the proven change management models, managing emotional changes, and finally, the psychology behind change management. We gain knowledge by learning from our own and other experiences, customizing the process based on the organizational requirement and culture, and slowly introducing different mechanisms for a smooth transition. This course is based on in-depth research and years of experience in leading change management and sharing practical case studies to help students gain expertise in change management.
- Learn a successful and proven formula for Change Management
- Learn factors that leads to Change Management
- Learn how to lead Change Management transition as an HR professional
- Set a strong foundation of Change Management by assessing 3C’s
- In-depth learning of Change Management Models
- Managing the emotional responses to Change Management
- Understanding the psychology behind Change Management
Course Duration: 2 hours
10. Change Management: Leading Agile Systems Change Management
Change is now and forever. It is not optional any more than breathing and sleeping and doing it well is a requirement of organization health. Learning to capture the competitive advantage of a changing landscape is an essential skill for leaders. This course is based on the forty five years of experience helping companies like Merck, Shell Oil, Honeywell, Honda and dozens of others to create cultures of engagement and continuous improvement.
- How to Engage Employees and Stakeholders in Designing Your Future Organization and Culture
- Analyze the Change Drivers that will Require You to Change Your Business Processes and Culture
- Learn a proven change process that you can implement in your organization
- You will maximize stakeholder engagement and minimize resistance to change.
Course Duration: 7.5 hours
11. Removing Barriers to Change
What does it mean to truly change something? How does one persuade others to change? How do we reduce roadblocks to change? In this course, you’ll learn about the barriers to change and how to become more effective in inspiring change within others and your organization. Professor Jonah Berger of the Wharton School has designed this course to help you understand the REDUCE framework, and shows you how to develop your skills of persuasion and influence. By the end of this course, you’ll know both the strengths and weaknesses of certain strategies for removing barriers in change, plus you’ll learn how to leverage those strategies to achieve change in both business and in life.
Course Duration: 5 hours
12. Leadership Skills And Change Management in Uncertain Times
Change is inevitable and though it can be disruptive, it is also imperative for organisational success. As a leader, being able to adapt to change and effectively carry out change management is key in helping to move your team forward. On this two-week course, you’ll delve into change management and how it can be used to drive acceptance, improve productivity, and increase employee retention. You’ll master the art of leadership in change management as you learn from the former US Director of the C.I.A, General David Petraeus. By the end, you’ll have the leadership skills to overcome complex challenges during uncertain times.
- Evaluate the definition of organisational change
- Describe the elements of organisational change
- Assess the skills necessary to lead during change
- Explain the necessity of strong communication skills during change
- Develop the skills to overcome fear and uncertainty while leading
Course Duration: 2 weeks
13. Change Tools
This stackable short course (microcredential) enables you to understand workplace change issues, create a plan that is realistic and achievable, and use appropriate tools for managing and contributing to the change process. This industry-led stackable short course is co-designed with Gilbert Kruidenier from Kruidenier Consultancy.
- Select and apply a range of change tools based on an understanding of a situation, and the role and purpose of each tool.
- Plan how to facilitate change across an organisation using appropriate communication principles, channels, and messaging for stakeholders.
- Create a basic change management plan that considers different types of change, identifies key change roles, and sets realistic expectations and achievable goals.
Course Duration: 6 weeks