As a business manager, you are given the major responsibility of managing administrative tasks for a business. A company may expect you to assist with its marketing program. A company may also want you to perform a budget analysis in order to find out ways that the company can cut costs. You should have an astute understanding of accounting, marketing and administrative procedures that are required in order to run a business.
List of The Best Business Management Online Courses
1. Business Foundations Specialization
In this Specialization, you’ll develop basic literacy in the language of business, which you can use to transition to a new career, start or improve your own small business, or apply to business school to continue your education. In five courses, you’ll learn the fundamentals of marketing, accounting, operations, and finance. In the final Capstone Project, you’ll apply the skills learned by developing a go-to-market strategy to address a real business challenge.
- Understand branding and go-to-market strategies
- Read income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Manage people through motivation and reward systems
- Analyze and improve business processes in services or manufacturing
Course Duration: 7 months
2. Introduction to Business Management
On this course, you’ll develop a range of business management skills relevant to your life, university study or the world of work. You’ll learn how to use and apply useful business concepts, tools and terminology whilst exploring four key aspects of business management: managing money, managing people, managing information, and – most importantly – managing and understanding yourself.
You’ll learn to communicate professionally in common business situations. You’ll reflect on your own management and leadership style and consider the concepts of success, sustainability, and social responsibility.
- Managing yourself: introduction to management and leadership styles.
- Managing money and key financial concepts, including the implications of various sources of finance and the relative importance of cash flow and profit.
- Managing people, stakeholder management and professional communication.
- Managing Information: different information types and key information management issues.
- The roles businesses play in the lives of people and communities, and social responsibility.
- Aspects of growth and the effects of success.
Course Duration: 4 weeks (4 hours/week)
3. Diploma Course in Business Management And Entrepreneurship
Are you someone who wants to join management in the corporate world? Are you someone who wants to be an entrepreneur? If the answer to these questions is a yes, then you’ve landed in the right place. Enhance your skills in Management and Entrepreneurship.
- Understand the common trends in Digital Marketing
- Apply Market analysis techniques
- Learn the nuances of People management
- Improve Technical understanding
- Explain common Legal terminologies
- Improve business communication
- Improve Leadership Quotient for better productivity
- Understand Retail industry
Course Duration: 8.5 hours
4. Essential Management Skills
In today’s business world, management and leadership skills are essential for long-term success. This course teaches you how to manage organisations and empower people. You will learn various leadership models, discover different leadership styles and understand how teams develop.
You will also learn the basics of project management, change management and time management. Furthermore, this course will teach you how to make better decisions and how to become a superior, more effective negotiator.
You will also receive short case studies of Apple, Microsoft and the University of Oxford that summarize the key takeaways of this course.
- Basics of Leadership & team development
- Strategic decision-making & negotiation skills
- Essentials of project and time management
Course Duration: 3 hours
5. Business Analysis & Process Management
This is a guided project for both beginners and professionals managing small to medium enterprises or working in the fields of business analysis & business process management. It provides you with the initial know-how of analyzing businesses from a process view which allows you to further develop the skill needed to create solutions to your current business problems. By the end of this project, you will be able to: analyze business processes and find solutions to existing business problems; define your business processes, their objectives and how they flow within the organizational context; identify the different process stakeholders and their roles in your business processes; and evaluate the current business from a process view, break down the problems, and find an applicable business solution.
- Analyze business processes and find solutions to existing business problems
- Define your business processes, their objectives and how they flow within the organizational context
- Evaluate the current business from a process view, break down the problems, and find an applicable business solution.
- Showcase this hands-on experience in an interview
Course Duration: 2 hours
6. Business Communication Skills: Business Writing & Grammar
The course begins by focusing on business writing and specifically grammar. If you work in a professional environment, your clients and co-workers are all educated and know grammar well. Few things make you look less professional than poor grammar. After the first part of the course, you will understand grammar rules to make your business writing clear and professional.
After you master grammar skills, you can apply your business writing skills to many common professional tasks like memo writing, writing text messages, writing email to managers, co-workers, or potential clients.
The course begins with simple written communication skills like grammar and writing correct and effective sentences that communicate their ideas. We’ll also focus on effective word choices and common writing pitfalls to help you immediately avoid many common writing errors you could be making without realizing.
- Business grammar and business English
- Make your written communication more professional
- Writing a business letter
- Conflict resolution skills
- Professional email communication skills
- Meeting communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills and creating storytelling presentations
- Business proposal writing
- Learn proofreading skills to catch errors quickly
Course Duration: 17.5 hours
7. Strategic Business Management
Examine the importance of implementation for ensuring successful strategic business management. How do the mission, vision, goals, and objectives of a business align to enable the execution of a successful strategy? Learn about the macro-environment and the impact this has on strategic business management.
- The tools to develop a business strategy plan, as well as an implementation plan.
- A comprehensive understanding of your market and its micro-economic and macro-environmental factors.
- The ability to conduct business analyses using the SWOT and STEEPLE analysis, Porter’s five force model and the SELECT framework.
- An understanding of your unique competitive advantage, and validation of your management skills in the form of a certificate of completion from Africa’s leading university.1
Course Duration: 10 weeks (7-10 hours/week)
8. Economics & International Business
This course introduces basic economic concepts that are fundamental to understand many of the issues faced by business firms. Learn the processes that govern the production and consumption of goods and services in a global economy: Microeconomics and Macroeconomics.
Understand important principles like price elasticity and the law of supply and demand. This course also includes the different economic systems around the globe, the essential business cycle phases, the country analysis tool, and international business strategies.
You will also receive a short case study of the European Union (EU) and the World Trade Organization (WTO) that summarizes the key takeaways of this course.
- Understanding essential economic principles and concepts
- Analyzing the production and consumption of goods and services
- Evaluation of international business strategies
Course Duration: 3 hours
9. Understanding Customer Needs
Learn how to identify customer needs through this 15-minute Harvard Business School (HBS) Online lesson. In this free, 15-minute Harvard Business School (HBS) Online lesson, you’ll learn how to identify customer needs through Clayton Christensen’s famed Jobs to be Done theory and CVS Pharmacy’s MinuteClinic.
- Discover how to build new capabilities within your organization and adapt to meet changing customer needs
- Understand why customers make certain purchases, and how you can create products and services that solve the issues they’re trying to address
Course Duration: 15 mins
10. Introduction to Business Specialization
This specialization is intended for novice business professionals seeking to develop management, leadership, finance, and digital marketing skills with the ultimate goal of preparing learners to operate or participate in the operation of a business. Throughout the three courses, learners will cover people management, the key features of leadership, strategic planning, search engine strategies, reputation management, content creation, common financial statements, cash flow, and expense management.
- Determine content that resonates with consumers and how businesses can differentiate themselves in competitive markets with that content.
- Explore business growth best practices, including the basics of management, employee leadership development, and strategic planning.
- Utilize critical financial information to help run and grow a business while managing cash flow and expenses.
- Apply the key fundamentals of leadership to developing a superior team.
Course Duration: 3 months (2 hours/week)
11. Online Business Management
When it comes to running a profitable online business, having a management plan and a solid schedule to follow is very important to your success. Without one, chances are that you will have a hard time getting most things done, which will ultimately lead to unfinished tasks, long hours, lost income, and possible failure!
But the simple fact is most people don’t fully understand how to manage their online business efficiently! This “Online Business Management” course was specifically designed to show even absolute beginners how mange their online business more efficiently for maximum results
Even if you have never thought about the importance of having a management plan for your online business before, you will quickly understand why and how you can use this information to help your business run more smoothly!
- You will learn valuable information, simple tips, and effective techniques to help you manage your online business more efficiently.
Course Duration: 35 mins
12. Business Management Certification
With the support and knowledge of professionals in the field, this cutting-edge Business Management training course was put together. Following respected international standards, this Business Management course was created. Business Management will set your resume out from the rest and provide you an advantage over your rivals.
Experts created this Business Management with the future-oriented worker in mind, taking into account the continuously evolving workplace of today. You can use our support programme to email qualified instructors with questions after enrolling in this Business Management training course.
Course Duration: 8.2 hours